A funny Tribunal System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGin

11-20-2012

For most of readers, I believe you will understand what I typed on topic after finish reading.

this system make up with a great idea to punish those guys who disobeyed summoner's code, but how it works? Trial the guy with only limited evidence, and limited report examples.

for those evidence, how can it shows you what happened during that game? If you know nothing about the game, how can you judge a behavior whether good or bad. For example, you are a great mid lane player play a kata as 2/0/0 in 8min, but your teammate Teemo was feeding at top. Later you got heavy ganked by enemy's top and jungler and your score become like 2/4/1. At this time, your bot ally find you have 4 deaths already and begin to call you noob and feeder, and never listen what you said. i promise 90% of you had experienced such a situation especially in 1200-1500 ELO. Let guess what will happen after such a game.
You keep playing and still cannot catch up the game,maybe at the end of game you really have 10 deaths, then you will be reported by bot buys as intentional feeding. But what you could do? Staying at base? NO, you will be reported as AFK/leaver. You want to explain all the situation to the bot guys, but how many words they can get? Keep silent? NO, you will get a report after game as refuse to communication! You rage then start talk to them in that situation, I 100% guarantee you will be reported as verbal abuse or offensive language.

So if the game going to lose by any single stupid guy, you have the risk to get report also. And the worst situation is someone do ****, talk ****, and finally still report you! I know such situation does not happen very often, but the more you played the more you faced.

And i still do not understand why RIOT tell all of us in tribunal system "do not punish the guy because they play poorly, but should judge the bad behaviors". If there is not so many "poorly played guys", why we do something rude? We are human not god, we have our emotion.

And for each tribunal report, did you see any reason you got reported? NEVER. We can review others' case with the reason of reporting but we cannot see this information by ourselves, is it fair? You can not check your personal information but others can do it!! What a joke!

Since the honorable system comes, I believe it is really hard for you to collect those honor scores, but once you get punishment from tribunal, all your effort is going to be burned. I have to say it is a real good way to punish the guys, but is there any relationship between these two system? You are honored because you did great job in previous games, but is there any group of people come to judge why you should be honored? Riot why not create a report/punishment system like honor system? Showing the reports numbers and types which you get on your account information, and punished the guys when they reach a invisible line as honor a player for a additional mark on their icon.

Without any warning your case is going to be sent to tribunal, without any chance for you to explain any of them you got trialled, without any clear reasons you just be noticed you are punished? Is it fair? And in the result email, they just tell you to follow the summoner's code, but never tell me which code i disobeyed!!!

Such a funny system!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGin View Post
So if the game going to lose by any single stupid guy, you have the risk to get report also. And the worst situation is someone do ****, talk ****, and finally still report you! I know such situation does not happen very often, but the more you played the more you faced.

And i still do not understand why RIOT tell all of us in tribunal system "do not punish the guy because they play poorly, but should judge the bad behaviors". If there is not so many "poorly played guys", why we do something rude? We are human not god, we have our emotion.

The problem is not that you have emotions. The problem is you feel the need to abuse someone playing poorly in chat so that they can see it and be as miserable as possible. If this were not the case, you would be perfectly fine by screaming obscenities at your monitor and being done with it.

Furthermore, because someone is doing poorly is no excuse to be rude. It doesn't matter how superior you believe yourself to be, you were paired with that player, so from the point of the system, you and that player are equally skilled. You are peers, not superior and subordinate. You have no more right to abuse them for playing poorly than they do if you were to do so.

The game is not made for 2200 ELO only. It's made for all skill levels. Losing a game costs you nothing. You're not pro. You're not making money. Nor will a loss in ELO drastically affect you if you truly deserve to be higher. You're not going to get pro in 10 games or less. It is unlikely that you will ever join the .25% of the population that is platinum or higher.

If you can't handle your rage at someone playing poorly, you need to learn how or you need to find a different game.