Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Lyte: Update Docs to New Standards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

11-20-2012

Lyte,

Could you please update the Tribunal documents and websites to reflect the changes you've made in the Tribunal since they were created? The biggest confusion seems to be that the Tribunal gives IP currently when that hasn't been applicable for some time, and some very old information (over a year or so) that we should pardon abuse if it's retaliatory to being abused.

Updating these areas would help solve some of the incorrect assumptions people are operating under when it comes to understanding their punishments, as most of them are Junior Members and may have only come to the forums after their ban.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-20-2012

It's something the team is working on in the next little bit. It requires some collaboration with Legal so it's not as simple as us just straight changing the text as developers.

Solance

11-20-2012

Dear doctor lyte, can you please review my case for me, I had over 6k games with league and would like to know how I can reform my toxic ways if I had them. But this warning card shows me nothing. Thanks a lot

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2806923

Calys Teneb

11-20-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
It's something the team is working on in the next little bit. It requires some collaboration with Legal so it's not as simple as us just straight changing the text as developers.

I figured as much, but it was a thought that had occurred to me and I thought I would toss it out there.

Thanks for the response

CupcakeTrap

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Quote:
Solance:
Dear doctor lyte, can you please review my case for me, I had over 6k games with league and would like to know how I can reform my toxic ways if I had them. But this warning card shows me nothing. Thanks a lot

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2806923

I'm not Lyte. I'll do this for you, though.

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5933898/#nogo

Quote:
Lee Sin [00:35:41] shy no wits
Lee Sin [00:35:42] so dumb

Urgot [All] [00:35:43] Urgot push bot we going to dive mid?
Shyvana [00:36:09] no wonder you lost top
Shyvana [00:36:10] gj
Shyvana [00:36:15] against fuking teemo
Lee Sin [00:36:19] no wonder u fail jungle
Lee Sin [00:36:21] gj

Orianna [All] [00:36:24] DAT SORKAA
Shyvana [00:36:24] i didnt fail jungle
Shyvana [00:36:27] but you lost top
Lee Sin [00:36:34] u ganked bot
Urgot [All] [00:36:36] gg
Vayne [All] [00:36:37] gg
Shyvana [All] [00:36:38] g
Soraka [All] [00:36:38] gg
Lee Sin [00:36:38] and u killed ur own teamate
Lee Sin [00:36:39] gj

I MIGHT punish for this sort of attitude. There's no need to berate someone like this. If you think Shy should buy Wit's End, go ahead and suggest that, but don't just call her stupid and complain. Then you went on and told her she "failed jungle". You're beating up on a player for doing badly. That loses games and makes the game less fun for everyone.

Quote:
Blitzcrank [00:01:20] lol morg
Morgana [All] [00:01:20] y
Blitzcrank [00:01:22] suckage
Blitzcrank [All] [00:01:34] 1 more time morg
Blitzcrank [All] [00:01:36] 0 3

Again. Beating up on someone for doing badly.

Quote:
Vladimir [00:19:19] best nid
Nidalee [00:19:25] i won my lane
Nidalee [00:19:26] ig ot us 2 drags
Nidalee [00:19:27] wat did u do
Nidalee [00:19:30] feed kenenen lose mid?
Nidalee [00:19:33] dont talk please.
Nidalee [00:19:34] ignored
Graves [00:19:42] dat nid
Vladimir [00:22:00] best nid
Vladimir [00:26:40] best nid

And AGAIN.

I would have hit Punish. It looks like a majority of reviewers did hit Punish.

Solance

11-20-2012

Quote:
CupcakeTrap:
I'm not Lyte. I'll do this for you, though.

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5933898/#nogo

I MIGHT punish for this sort of attitude. There's no need to berate someone like this. If you think Shy should buy Wit's End, go ahead and suggest that, but don't just call her stupid and complain. Then you went on and told her she "failed jungle". You're beating up on a player for doing badly. That loses games and makes the game less fun for everyone.

Again. Beating up on someone for doing badly.

And AGAIN.

I would have hit Punish. It looks like a majority of reviewers did hit Punish.

Sigh okay, I explained all three cases that you just pointed out in the thread, If you actually spend time to read some of the none purple lines that you just posted, maybe you can figure out why I said some of the things. I'll give you a short verson, I didn't say anything to that shy until she started to berate me, then I just miniced what she said. Morg was jest, she was tossing bindings at lv 1 (she was on my team) we had a good laugh, and if she was offended I didn't continue the jest anyway (she never said anything), and finally nid was harrassing everyone on the team and preceed to feed on purpose to the enemy after raging, way to take my words out of context.

Abbx

11-20-2012

Quote:
Solance:
Sigh okay, I explained all three cases that you just pointed out in the thread, If you actually spend time to read some of the none purple lines that you just posted, maybe you can figure out why I said some of the things. I'll give you a short verson, I didn't say anything to that shy until she started to berate me, then I just miniced what she said. Morg was jest, she was tossing bindings at lv 1 (she was on my team) we had a good laugh, and if she was offended I didn't continue the jest anyway (she never said anything), and finally nid was harrassing everyone on the team and preceed to feed on purpose to the enemy after raging, way to take my words out of context.

To be honest, I would of pardoned. I've seen way worse behavior. I would of hit punish if I got a tribunal case for that Shyvana though. You didn't do anything horribly wrong to even receive a warning. Anything you may have said was provoked.

Solance

11-20-2012

I am sorry to high jack this thread, It is terrible of me T.T. can you guys please respond on my thread? Sorry OP, I really want to see the tribunal updates soon too.

Calys Teneb

11-20-2012

Quote:
Solance:
I am sorry to high jack this thread, It is terrible of me T.T. can you guys please respond on my thread? Sorry OP, I really want to see the tribunal updates soon too.

Meh, I got the response I was after. No worries.