[Champion Concept] Rallor the Earth Mender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Rallor - The Earth Mender

I am a noob when it comes to forums, and I am only a meager 1700 mid/support player, so please post any comments or suggestions you have below. I have not yet done the math with base stats or ratios for any of the spells, and even failed at naming some of them, but I think its a decent skillset leaving him open to alot of roles, but mainly Top, Jungle and Support

Some of the ideas are a bit rushed and even the name "Earth Mender" is a bit odd in hindsight seeing as he doesn't actually mend the earth at all.

Basically I figured with this new Water support-ish champion coming out soon we've got Brand for fire, Janna for wind, her (Nami) for water, Mao/Zyra for plants, and as long as you don't count Malphite (because he's not played in high end games at all right?) League is in need of an Earth/Valoran type of champion.

With my very shoddy lore I had him along the lines of "Grew up same background as Janna, but male and less talented with air magic. He got angry at her being better than him, some **** went down and he got exiled. Lived in a cavern somewhere and taught himself Earth/Valoran magic"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AGGRESSIVE STANCE

WEIGHED DOWN --- PASSIVE:
On auto attack Rallor applies Weighed Down to the target enemy stacking up to 3 times, slowing the target by 5/10/15% lasting for 8 seconds. If a target affected by Weighed Down is hit by Shockwave the target then becomes snared for 0.5 seconds per stack of Weighed Down (**0.5/1.0/1.5 second snares based on debuff**)

SHOCKWAVE --- Q:
Rallor stomps the ground causing a shockwave (straight line) to ripple through the earth directly in front of him causing X/X/X/X/X (ad ratio) physical damage to all targets hit and slowing them by 30% for 3 seconds. Shockwave's cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds every time Rallor lands an auto-attack.

***This spell is very similar to Eve's Q, EXCEPT that it has a greater length/reach, only fires in front of Rallor, and does not require proximity to any mob for use (as it does not rely on nearby targets for aiming like Eve's does)***

-Range:
-Mana Cost:
-Cooldown: 6 seconds

NAME McNAMERSON --- W:
Rallor passively gains 5/10/15/20/25% bonus attack speed. Rallor can reactivate this ability to grant himself and all nearby allies this same attack speed boost for 5 seconds, however, Rallor loses the passive effect while the spell is on cooldown.

-Radius:
-Mana Cost:
-Cooldown: 12 seconds

STALAGMITE --- E:
Rallor selects a target area and causes Stalagmites to slowly rise from the ground and after 1.5 seconds shoot upwards dealing X/X/X/X/X (ad ratio) physical damage immediately and X/X/X/X/X (ap ratio) magic damage over time to any targets caught in the radius (this bleed damage is doubled if the target is already affected by the Looming Stalactite bleed effect). The Stalagmites remain in place for 6 seconds and are impassable.

***Similar to Cho/Trundle spells***Debated having a special effect if someone put down Stalagmites, and then switched stances and dropped Stalactites on the pillar, but couldn't think of anything***

-Range:
-Radius:
-Mana Cost:
-Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14

STANCE DANCE: DEFENSIVE --- R:
Rallor enters a defensive stance gaining 50% of his bonus attack damage as ability power, and increasing his auto attack range by (Number of units that turn him into a ranged)
-Mana Cost: Free
-Cooldown: 12/10/8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFENSIVE STANCE

SURVEYOR --- PASSIVE:
On auto attack Rallor applies a debuff to the target enemy (Survey: You are being examined) lasting 8 seconds and stacking up to 3 times. Upon reaching 3 stacks the target becomes affected by the debuff FRESH LANDSCAPE lasting 8 seconds. The first Allied Champion to attack a target afflicted with Fresh Landscape gains (4 per level, with a cap of 40) attack damage for 4 seconds.
***This effect cannot be gained by Rallor***

STONE SPIKE --- Q:
Rallor causes a stone spike to shoot out of the ground at targeted location dealing X/X/X/X/X (ap ratio) magic damage to any affected targets. If Stone Spike hits an enemy champion, Rallor gains a slight movement speed boost for 1.5 seconds.
***0.4s cast, something along the feel of Cassiopeia's Q without the dot***
-Cooldown: 4 seconds

I'M SCURRED --- W:
Rallor retreats into the earth, summoning nearby rocks/debris that cling to his body forming a thick layer of stone, slowing his OWN movement speed by 75% and increasing his armor by 40/45/50/55/60% for 5 seconds
-Mana Cost:
-Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 second

*warning, i phrased this poorly, and it may be confusing*

LOOMING STALACTITE --- E:
Rallor selects a target location and looms a deadly Stalactite that will fall from above after 1.5 seconds dealing X/X/X/X/X (ad ratio) physical damage to all targets within the radius and apply a bleed effect, dealing X/X/X/X/X (ap ratio) magic damage over 8 seconds(this bleed damage is doubled if the target is already affected by Stalagmite's bleed effect). IF Looming Stalactite hits only a single target, then that target becomes stunned for 2 seconds. If looming Stalactite hits 3 or more targets, all affected targets become afflicted with Fresh Landscape.

-Range:
-Mana Cost:
-Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14

***Meant for this to feel similar to a Ziggs bomb, but without the semi-global range or nearly that much damage***

STANCE DANCE: AGGRESSIVE --- R:
Rallor enters Aggressive Stance gaining 50% of his ability power as attack damage, X/X/X movement speed, and access to a different set of abilities.
Mana Cost: Free
Cooldown: 12/10/8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on reworking/balancing/numbers or just general hatred towards me please leave it in a comment so I can cry a little inside each time I come back to this post

Ayfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Looking back I'm not happy with how this champ turned out, the Aggressive E and Defensive Q are just poor ideas and overall the champion doesn't feel anywhere near as fluid as I was hoping, probably just going to scrap this concept

Osprii

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayfo View Post
Rallor - The Earth Mender
Any ideas on reworking/balancing/numbers or just general hatred towards me please leave it in a comment so I can cry a little inside each time I come back to this post

I didn't think it was that bad! You don't have to scrap this idea, you can just keep on working on it. That's what I do.

Aggressive Stance:
Passive: 15% slow on basic attacks that can stack 3 times is a bit too powerful. Even better than a Frozen Mallet, which is super powerful itself. 5% slow is weak. Maybe the leveling should be more like: 8/10/12%

Q: I remember you talking about this. Remember, I'm the guy that used your ultimate idea? Anyway, it does seem like a good idea that Riot would use.

W: This is pretty simple, but perhaps slightly underpowered. Jarvan, with a level 5 banner, can grant 22% attack speed, 22 armor, give himself double that bonus, deal magic damage, and not lose the passive armor and attack speed during the 13 second cooldown. Also, the banner is part of a sick combo he has. So I would suggest that this is more like 20/30/40/50/60% attack speed granted to allies and a 10 second cooldown.
Suggested name: punchy punchy dance time

E: I think that this would work if it was only a .5 second delay instead of a 1.5 second delay. Also, because it has no cc, Rallor should be able to cast it while running, so he can use it to block enemies off when he or they are trying to escape. Trundle has no delay and a slow, Cho'gath has a knockup and a slow. Cho'gath's isn't DoT either. So, if Rallor can cast this while moving, I think it would seem a lot more fluid.

R: So, he gains attack damage on ability power, speed, and all his abilities stack off ad. So, essentially, they stack some off AP, too. AP is cheaper than AD, however, I think it is good that Rallor gains more AD off his AP than AP off his AD. Why? Because in offensive stance, his AP becomes practically useless, but in defensive, he can still autoattack and therefore use AD.

Defensive Stance:

Innate: Are you sure you want the debuff to be attached to Rallor's autoattacks? He seems far more ability oriented in this stance, so maybe it should be his abilities that apply the debuff. I recognize this is a support innate, Leona has a somewhat similar innate that grants extra damage to allies that hit enemies she already hit with abilities, not autoattacks.

Q: You are right about this one, it is sorta a lackluster ability. I have an idea, how about a gate type thing like Malzahar's Call of the Void, you know, the one that silences you? Except, of course, made of stone. And it should have some cc, since he is sorta supposed to be able to support and has very little other cc. How about this, the walls push people they hit towards the center, deals some damage, then stuns them for a short while. It could be a great support move for allies with AoE abilities like Kennen, Jarvan, idk, lots of people. It would have to have a higher cooldown, though, due to the high utility.

W: A massive slow on himself for 5 seconds? I don't think anyone would use that, unless the armor and magic resist buff were way higher, or they were just fighting a single enemy. I suppose it works in the jungle, unless the enemy jungler comes at you and tries to kill you as you are getting your buff. To make this viable, Rallor should be able to end the slow whenever he reactivates the ability, but he also loses the bonus armor and magic resist. Also, it should deal damage when it ends, or when Rallor ends it prematurely (like, the stone explodes off of Rallor's body and deals lowish AoE damage). It's very difficult to have a pure utility skill. Usually they fall off quickly or are never worth the points to the player.

E: Again, I think the 1.5 second delay should be reduced to .5 seconds, and he should be able to cast this while moving, just like with the E on offensive stance. Also, damage over 8 seconds is a veeeeeery long time. Maybe it should be more like 3 or 4. That's pretty standard. I think Teemo's darts are like, 4 seconds. However, they also have an initial damage that's pretty high.

R: Pretty much already reviewed this.

I think its a good concept, especially for a first try. If you like creative design, definitely keep at it.