The LoL Playgroun: Calling a role in lobby.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dino Spumoni

11-20-2012

We have all had to deal with this, often from both sides of the argument. In the grand scheme of things is it the dibs mentality or does the assigned picking role take precedent.
Thoughts, opinions?

Cat Girl Shrek

11-20-2012

I ask to play ad/top because I literally do not own supports.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Pick order is random.

Just call it.

Halfire

11-20-2012

It should be pick order calls help organize things but if everyones fighting over roles just go pick order.

Axis the Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I can't jungle worth a smack, so I generally just say I'm fine with any role apart from Jungle.

That being said, my toplane is really a question of how my day is going.

Montford

11-20-2012

pick order.

and long as i dont jungle

Doc Nemo

11-20-2012

I call. If someone else calls as well I communicate. If communication fails, pick order.

1 ham 1

11-20-2012

pick order always > calls. that being said, if you're stubborn and dont want to help your team even though you have pick order preference, it is very rude

Retro Shock

11-20-2012

When people call roles, they are almost always calling the role they are best at. Now, when I call roles, I call top 9 games out of 10. CAN I play other roles? Sure. Will I play them as well as I would if I went top, not at all.

DenareDragon

11-20-2012

if you find yourself doing this, try asking for a role, don't just call a role.
I've found that by saying I'd like to play (whatever) or I'd prefer (whatever) instead of just calling top, mid, bot, whatever.

Most people tend to be more lenient than they would have been if you just flat out called or demanded a role. Not all, obviously. But most.