A small character name issue.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLee Tipsy

11-19-2012

For as long as i remember i have been called "kooter" it was a rl nickname from childhood (go ahead laugh i got over it long ago).

Over the years i have had to explain that it is simply a play on my real name and was given to me by friends and family. Hence why it became my in-game name.

However now i find it has caused me a great deal of grief. People are actually mean to me because they don't like my name. Because apparently someone uses that word in derogatory way.

Anyways riot is there anything i can do about this or am i out of luck? (I don't mind paying for a name change).

Jedi

11-20-2012

I don't think Riot will change your name unless they actually find it derogatory. If you feel your name is bothering others around you and that is going to effect how you play, then I'd suggest purchasing a name change!

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

11-20-2012

Kooter is actually slang and derogatory, are you sure your friends weren't making fun of you without you realizing it?

In-game Summoner Name changes can be purchased from the shop

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

11-20-2012

I'm a little confused here seeing as Kootz is your in-game name and that by itself shouldn't be a problem. It's hard to see where the problem would be unless you're literally referring to yourself as kooter to everyone you meet in-game, in which case, as Orcca mentioned, vanity name changes are available from the in-game store.

RockLee Tipsy

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
I'm a little confused here seeing as Kootz is your in-game name and that by itself shouldn't be a problem. It's hard to see where the problem would be unless you're literally referring to yourself as kooter to everyone you meet in-game, in which case, as Orcca mentioned, vanity name changes are available from the in-game store.
I had no idea... thank you... will be using that service shortly.

As far as the old name goes.. ya i dont know why some people jump to that conclusion.. it has happened to me a few times in games.. but none worse than here.. they just dont like ya if your name even resembles something they dont like.