There should be a "cry-wolf" feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pwndabear

11-20-2012

Just read this in another thread and yes, I am aware that if someone abuses the report option, their reports will mean less in the long run, but if there is something SO mundane that someone is reporting, there honestly should be a third option that will manually lower that reporter's value.

ie. swag and yolo, etc. I am sorry but the person that reports that should not be allowed to have an opinion if thats the kind of stuff they are reporting. Their report values should definitely go down in the future at a faster pace that what is currently happening.

Now, there of course will be the argument of "what if that person actually has a legit report to send?" I would respond by saying that if there is a second report in that game by a different player, then the reporter instantly gains 100% value for that specific match.

Suggestions? This makes a LOT of sense to me. It would help to declutter the tribunal and reduce the number of unwarranted warnings/bans that I do feel are an issue sometimes (rarely, but they are definitely there).

Tonaia

11-20-2012

I like this idea, it might take a little on Riots part, but I'm tired of seeing stupid reports coming in.

Of course the counter argument is that Tribunal Trolls will lower the vote rating on legitimate complaints, I wonder how it would work out.

Cryswar

11-20-2012

Hmm. Like in Tribunal, being able to "grade" reports so to speak, to where you can say "this was not a good report" if someone reported a 3/5 guy for intentional feeding, that kind of thing?

I think I'd like that.

That said, while I'd never report/punish for using it, your example is pretty bad. YOLO is one of the most retarded things to come from a culture of stupidity.

pwndabear

11-20-2012

Quote:
That said, while I'd never report/punish for using it, your example is pretty bad. YOLO is one of the most retarded things to come from a culture of stupidity.
I agree with this but its definitely not reportable in the least.