Unlike Other Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

G5 GT

11-20-2012

Seems like league of legends doesn't understand "competitive play". Obviously there will be arguments, and trash talk. it's just how it is when you want to win, and hate losing. Riot has been banning ALOT lately, it was never like this before, or never near this bad. Sounds like they are trying to just perma-ban as many people as they can so you are forced to remake a new account and buy RP. Only reason i can really think of, and yes i know obviously some people deserve a perma-ban, aka -12 year olds who spam, and running up mid feeding.

Don't ban people trying to carry teams, then telling that one guy who runs into the enemy jungle with no wards, gets caught, and is dead for 50seconds. that he's an idiot.

Thanks for the 3day ban? yeah. Now i'm going to mute everyone on my team everygame, and just play with no communication, seems like that's what you want.

Menniir

11-20-2012

I understand that you are frustrated because you can not play atm, but: If you think LoL "doesnt understand" and you really want to play competitive, why dont you try DOTA/HoN then?

JanusTheMad

11-20-2012

There are better ways to tell the idiot who gets cought in the jungle with no wards to improve. I dare say that actually calling him an idiot actually has the opposite effect. He's not going to spend his gold buying wards for the guy who is insulting him. If you're constructive about it, on the other hand, and were to say something like "hey man, we could use a few wards in the river" he might actually ... ward the damn river.

Or you could just call people idiots, not have helpful teammates, and end up banned.

Either is cool, I guess.

Sharajat

11-20-2012

So trash talk is supposed to "blow the opponent's mindset" when you use it on your opponent.

So if you use it on your own team, you're... trying to blow your team's mindset? Are you saying we should be reporting "trash talkers" for helping the enemy?

Also Reform Card or GTFO

King of Daventry

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusTheMad View Post
There are better ways to tell the idiot who gets cought in the jungle with no wards to improve. I dare say that actually calling him an idiot actually has the opposite effect. He's not going to spend his gold buying wards for the guy who is insulting him. If you're constructive about it, on the other hand, and were to say something like "hey man, we could use a few wards in the river" he might actually ... ward the damn river.

Or you could just call people idiots, not have helpful teammates, and end up banned.

Either is cool, I guess.
Pretty much this, being competitive =/= being a jerk. This is why e-sports and gaming as a hobby in general isn't taken seriously by outside society. Screaming "GET ****ED" and "GET RAPED" and simply calling people who make mistakes "idiots" isn't acceptable by normal people.

Your condescending attitude is not synonymous with your skill. I'm sure you're more skilled than me, a badgeless scrub (even on my main) but that doesn't mean you're "carrying games" you're doing the opposite.

G5 GT

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusTheMad View Post

Either is cool, I guess.
i can call him an idiot, because the enemy team won after that death

Redjik

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5 GT View Post
You can get banned too, genius.

Seems like you don't understand that Riot gets to make this game however they want; and they decided they didn't want people insulting others.

Problem? Uninstall.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Unlike other games, people on LoL want to have while not being abused by someone who thinks they are better.

G5 GT

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjik View Post
You can get banned too, genius.

Seems like you don't understand that Riot gets to make this game however they want; and they decided they didn't want people insulting others.

Problem? Uninstall.
Coming from some child who plays arams all day... GG forums.

Also remove the mute feature, no point in it if you'll suspend reguardless

magooomba

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5 GT View Post
Sure, you can call people idiots, just as the Tribunal can punish you for doing so. This is your opportunity to learn from your mistake. However, the fact that you think you can justify it means you're moving well along on the increasing punishment path. How many suspensions will it take for you to accept that your views are not welcome?