Suggestions on how to improve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoda the Great

11-20-2012

I can honestly say I haven't played enough ranked to know what ELO I am or should be. That being said, I know where my play is lacking and its definitely warding.

I have seen *TONS* of threads and guides on where to ward and how warding improves your gameplay. Thats not what I'm looking for... I already know that it will improve my gameplay and for the most part i know the important areas to ward.

What I'm looking for is suggestions on how to improve your warding. I typically go Mid but i can hold my own adc and top. I find that i try to rush my items rather than buy the wards. Outside the game, i know the gold loss is small, a quick couple creeps will get me back on track, but in-game its like I can't remember it. Any tips you have on how you started to remember to use wards would be awesome

vortical42

11-20-2012

My simple rule of thumb is to never leave base with gold unspent. If you get in the habit of trying to spend as much as possible each time you go back it will be much easier to remeber. If I look at my gold and see that I have 150 left over, that means its time to top off my ward supply.

Yoda the Great

11-20-2012

Thanks, any thoughts on how many you typically have going at a time? I usually end up getting one at some point and it runs out (bad i know...).

Also, what do you do when you're saving up for something, if I'm saving for something like a Needlessly Large Rod, and i have 1300... obviously, i shouldn't spend all that gold on wards... is 1 good, should i maybe get 2? (Or if there is something i can use to determine this?)

JJ Unbreakable

11-20-2012

Get a post-it note. Write "Buy wards every time I'm at the shop".
Stick it on the screen or the keyboard or the 'b' button.

You'll definitely remember if it's in your face. Once you're doing it all the time, you'll figure out when you need to and when you don't.
If you have 1300 and you're saving for a rod, 150g isn't setting you back a lot. Odds are it'll save you money.

Yoda the Great

11-21-2012

Post it note isn't a bad idea, i may try that. Thanks for the ideas, does anyone else have anything that has helped them with remembering to buy and use wards?