Riot needs to encourage people to never use chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

800eloPubtrash

11-20-2012

Your players can't handle talking to eachother and just end up pissed off all the time. If they could handle it and desired it they'd already have a team of 5 and have left solo queue. When the average rager gets banned they want to stop talking but then they see that you can be banned for that too (less likely but they don't know this) and feel trapped. While we don't really care about them getting banned over and over they're ruining our games out of their frustration and confusion. Just give them this way out completely so we don't have to deal with them and their smurfs.

Especially their smurfs, more new players means more money right? It's also our (lv 30s) problem because these ragers obviously care way too much about the game, they have nothing better to do than level up their accounts. They will hit lv 30 before they even get banned once.

Virsta

11-20-2012

I've seen others suggest it, but I agree. I think you should be able to mute yourself. I think the biggest problem for Toxic Behavior is offenders to talk. I'm sure if people had to go through an in-game menu and unmute themselves they would have a bit of time to think about what they are saying. Upvoting you OP.

bigdongstudios

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Surely not chatting at all is not bannable..?

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Not until they implement a chat system like Smite has. Where certain key combinations will put a phrase in chat and have an announcer announce it out loud.

EX: Pressing VF2 will put "Geekweezul: Enemy missing middle!" in the chat box AND you will hear those exact words very clearly come through your speakers.

Without that, disabling chat completely would be more detrimental IMO.

Doctor Bumble

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Not until they implement a chat system like Smite has. Where certain key combinations will put a phrase in chat and have an announcer announce it out loud.
I like that idea. I'm not familiar with Smite but they have something similar in TF2 (where there are a bunch of voice commands like "Move up!", "Sentry ahead!", and "Nice shot!"). It would be much quicker than chat and less ambiguous than pinging, and it would be especially fun if the champions said their own quotes for each voice command; maybe would-be ragers would consider having Mundo call their teammate a big sissy instead of demanding that the teammate uninstall the game.