Role Selection to Prevent Pugs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phillycheez1669

12-05-2012

alright I've seriously had it with stupid pugs and trolls in this game... for example, when in champion selection it's typical to call a roll that you want to play and be able to play that roll, and if more than one person wants that roll then they can decide between eachother who will play what. But then you have people who just go and auto lock even after you've called what you want to play. It makes me angry because then you have to dodge the game and get put on a wait count until you can play another one just because someone is being an idiot and autolocking.

Now that I've ranted, I have a suggestion.

There should be a roll-selection system, similar to World of Warcraft when queuing for a dungeon, as in you select to be damage, tank, or heal. That way, those who want to adc can select adc, a top could select top, mid select mid ect... and there would be more order to champion selection instead of trolls doing whatever they want. Needless to say, more popular rolls like mid lane or adc would probably be selected more than a support, and the way this is treated in WoW is that those who queue for tank or heal roles get extra rewards. Those who queue for a less popular support role could get extra IP or something, just so that queue's wouldnt be 10 minutes waiting for a support.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this idea. I'm just tired of pugs auto locking champs when you call out a specific roll, an i think this could bring more order to that.

Grollm

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillycheez1669 View Post
alright I've seriously had it with stupid pugs and trolls in this game... for example, when in champion selection it's typical to call a roll that you want to play and be able to play that roll, and if more than one person wants that roll then they can decide between eachother who will play what. But then you have people who just go and auto lock even after you've called what you want to play. It makes me angry because then you have to dodge the game and get put on a wait count until you can play another one just because someone is being an idiot and autolocking.

Now that I've ranted, I have a suggestion.

There should be a roll-selection system, similar to World of Warcraft when queuing for a dungeon, as in you select to be damage, tank, or heal. That way, those who want to adc can select adc, a top could select top, mid select mid ect... and there would be more order to champion selection instead of trolls doing whatever they want. Needless to say, more popular rolls like mid lane or adc would probably be selected more than a support, and the way this is treated in WoW is that those who queue for tank or heal roles get extra rewards. Those who queue for a less popular support role could get extra IP or something, just so that queue's wouldnt be 10 minutes waiting for a support.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this idea. I'm just tired of pugs auto locking champs when you call out a specific roll, an i think this could bring more order to that.
You're not the first one to come up with this idea. Old thread is old. Why don't you try doing some research before you post garbage on the forums?

Phillycheez1669

12-05-2012

I've never used the forums before actually... so I would have no idea whether this was posted already or not. Sorry for thinking of something and wanting to throw my two cents in. Jeez.

Grollm

12-05-2012

Haha, sorry bro you just see literally 4 or 5 of these posts daily. That and, "How do I counter Darius, OMG I HATE TEEMO, Elo Hell, RIOT SUX,"Just click on the little search bar at the top and search for key words in the topic you are thinking about posting. If you see 300030851385712957109573 posts relating to your topic, probably shouldn't post it.

Ramachese

12-05-2012

How many of these virtuallly identical threads do we really need?

There are so many problems with this idea (and they have been listed before). First how is this actually enforced? A given champ can potentially play a number of roles in the right hand. Riot is not ever going to enforce the meta so they are never going to code something into the game that says, 'Riven must go top'.

In truth you would actually get a worse situation. Even if role selection was somehow enforced in champ selection what would happen instead is someone how was tired of waiting for the uber long qeue for mid would instead select, say, support, then take a mid character and tell everyone to go stuff themselves.

No, the system as it works fine and in truth I rarely find a need to dodge a game. Of course, I will play any role that needs filled (though I suck at jungle at the moment).

Akimasu

12-05-2012

Solving these problems overall is easy, but it'd greatly increase the queue time for anyone who wants to do anything different.

You could select a specific team outline you want.

1Mid, 1 Top, 1 Jungle, 2 Bot.
I am Mid.

You could choose things that vary outside of the norm, as well. The beauty of this is, the 2 bot can be anything. If someone picks something outside of what they queued as, you just report them after game for 'assisting enemy team' or 'refusing to communicate'. Pretty simple.

If you want something outside of the normal meta...maybe 2 top, 1 mid, 1 bot, 1 jungle, or 2 jungle, 1 mid, 1 bot, 1 top you could choose that instead.

Grollm

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimasu View Post
Solving these problems overall is easy, but it'd greatly increase the queue time for anyone who wants to do anything different.

You could select a specific team outline you want.

1Mid, 1 Top, 1 Jungle, 2 Bot.
I am Mid.

You could choose things that vary outside of the norm, as well. The beauty of this is, the 2 bot can be anything. If someone picks something outside of what they queued as, you just report them after game for 'assisting enemy team' or 'refusing to communicate'. Pretty simple.

If you want something outside of the normal meta...maybe 2 top, 1 mid, 1 bot, 1 jungle, or 2 jungle, 1 mid, 1 bot, 1 top you could choose that instead.
(From the Tribunal FAQ)
Q: Can I be banned for playing an unpopular champion?
No, the Tribunal does not ban players for playing unpopular champions. You should feel empowered to play any champion you like as long as you’re creating a positive experience for everyone in the game.

Q: Can I be banned for not playing the meta?
Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta; they are banned for consistently creating negative experiences for others.

It's a stupid request. It's never going to happen. Riot is never going to enforce the meta. The meta is just the way the most of the general population plays, not the way everyone HAS to play. I follow the meta, I follow the most common tier lists (by Stonewall and other well known players), and I follow common builds for my said role. Do I ever experiment? Sure. Have I run into a player who did exceptionally well in a role that wasn't "his lane?"Absolutely. Is this always the case? Nope. I once had a support Teemo who was ridiculous. Completely disrupted the enemy adc's farm, I was literally 50+ cs than him during the laning phase.