Do I deserve a one week ban for THIS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JanusTheMad

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
I love the condescending holier-than-thou attitude, it's like I'm really on reddit!
No, we didn't immediately check for GW posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
So the agitator is free to ruin more games while people that are calling them out deserve to be banned, according to people like you. You don't even know what happens pregame or what happens outside the chat in the actual game yet you're quick to judge people.
That's what the report button is for. I'm pretty sure you're aware of what happens when people keep reporting you, am I right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Daventry

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
I love the condescending holier-than-thou attitude, it's like I'm really on reddit!

So the agitator is free to ruin more games while people that are calling them out deserve to be banned, according to people like you. You don't even know what happens pregame or what happens outside the chat in the actual game yet you're quick to judge people.
If they're really that bad they'll get reported and banned too. This does not give you an excuse to act like them.

Edit: You're also assuming I think I'm better than you, I don't, I am simply stating what I believe, and what I believe is that you made the wrong decision.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Julie12

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusTheMad View Post
That's what the report button is for. I'm pretty sure you're aware of what happens when people keep reporting you, am I right?
I switch to a game that doesn't allow 12 year olds to powertrip?

As you can see from my case, most of the reports aren't even legitimate. At this rate it's a "let's report anyone and hope they had a bad game somewhere in the past 100 games,so they get banned". Absolutely ridiculous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Julie12

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Daventry View Post
If they're really that bad they'll get reported and banned too. This does not give you an excuse to act like them.
What are you to do against it though?

The mature response would be to walk away from the conflict, which you can't because you get banned for leaving games.

You can't tell them off because you get reported for having a potty mouth (after being provoked no less,while they get off scot-free).

You can't even surrender because the trolls will just veto so they can annoy you more.

Muting players won't stop them from feeding/vetoing the surrender/being AFK.

So I have to get my game and my social experience ruined in order to not get banned myself. That's a very good system and attitude I must say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JanusTheMad

Member

11-20-2012

Actually, the mature response would be to just play the game. Seriously, you talk about being mature and being upset that the Tribunal is too sensitive, but the thing to do in that situation is to man up, grow a thicker skin, and report them afterwards.

In such a scenario, you have a bad game. That sucks. But you know what? Raging out results in a bad game too. The difference in the approaches is that next time *they* get banned and *you* donít.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Julie12

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusTheMad View Post
Actually, the mature response would be to just play the game. Seriously, you talk about being mature and being upset that the Tribunal is too sensitive, but the thing to do in that situation is to man up, grow a thicker skin, and report them afterwards.

In such a scenario, you have a bad game. That sucks. But you know what? Raging out results in a bad game too. The difference in the approaches is that next time *they* get banned and *you* donít.
While you are somewhat right you can tell by the general demeanor in this thread that people don't see anything wrong with the teams I played with, therefore the chance of them getting banned are slim to none.

I still don't see my actions being grave enough to warrant a ban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Daventry

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
What are you to do against it though?

The mature response would be to walk away from the conflict, which you can't because you get banned for leaving games.

You can't tell them off because you get reported for having a potty mouth (after being provoked no less,while they get off scot-free).

You can't even surrender because the trolls will just veto so they can annoy you more.

Muting players won't stop them from feeding/vetoing the surrender/being AFK.

So I have to get my game and my social experience ruined in order to not get banned myself. That's a very good system and attitude I must say.
You try to have fun, if you know the game is a lost cause (and you're 100% sure of this) you could use the opportunity to see how long you can last against impossible odds, brush up on your last-hitting skills if you're still in the laning phase.

You could just leave and accept the consequences for that, if you're really just not having fun maybe this isn't the game for you.

No one in this world can make you feel bad, no one but you control your actions and feelings. This is a fact, but just because of this does not give someone the right to act wrongfully.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Daventry

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
While you are somewhat right you can tell by the general demeanor in this thread that people don't see anything wrong with the teams I played with, therefore the chance of them getting banned are slim to none.

I still don't see my actions being grave enough to warrant a ban.
Their "Chances" of being banned are irrelevant to your own behavior. You shouldn't say "This is so unfair!" instead you should take this as a lesson that if you behave poorly you get punished.

You ignore the modifier in my statement on the matter and that is "IF they are truly that bad"

Just don't be a dick and you're fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImogenArk

Member

11-20-2012

Negative behaviour is negative behaviour, if you're verbally abusing your team, that's a no-no.

The most common report and reason for ban that I see is that people can't deal with other people having bad games. If you're gonna get upset, just try to be passive aggressive if you can't keep it to yourself. I play games all the time where people die/feed/do something stupid/etc and I simply say

"Just be defensive, try harder, play smarter, and we'll come help you out! We can still pull a win out of this!"

Guys, really, we're on the internet. People lie on here everyday about EVERYTHING! SO WHY DO YOU GUYS FIND IT HARD TO LIE ABOUT BEING ANGRY? You don't want to get banned? Lie about being upset and put on a happy mask.

Your words affect your team, they won't want to try if you make an ass out of yourself. Just be more positive and reserved. It isn't difficult, and you'll have a better time playing that way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Julie12

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenArk View Post
Negative behaviour is negative behaviour, if you're verbally abusing your team, that's a no-no.

The most common report and reason for ban that I see is that people can't deal with other people having bad games. If you're gonna get upset, just try to be passive aggressive if you can't keep it to yourself. I play games all the time where people die/feed/do something stupid/etc and I simply say

"Just be defensive, try harder, play smarter, and we'll come help you out! We can still pull a win out of this!"

Guys, really, we're on the internet. People lie on here everyday about EVERYTHING! SO WHY DO YOU GUYS FIND IT HARD TO LIE ABOUT BEING ANGRY? You don't want to get banned? Lie about being upset and put on a happy mask.

Your words affect your team, they won't want to try if you make an ass out of yourself. Just be more positive and reserved. It isn't difficult, and you'll have a better time playing that way.
I take responsibility for my bans as some are warranted, but this time it's bull****. Half the reports in the case are irrelevant or outright wrong, the others are hardly offensive unless you're really trying hard to get somebody banned. Nobody is an innocent sheep in this community, especially not those who claim to be one.

Since the Tribunal is in place I feel like playing with Gestapo, you can't say anything,especially not jokingly, anymore because somebody will want you banned as soon as you type. It's ridiculous.

Also would you be okay with getting your account banned for having 1 bad game among 50 good games? Do you think this is fair by any means? Of course to defend your point you will say here "yes, if I deserve to get banned over 1 bad game I will take the ban" but if it actually happens you will be here too asking for peer review or trying to get in contact with Lyte or Pendragon to get it reversed.