Janna or Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OreIsan

11-19-2012

Hey guys I like to play support and currently main Soraka, and I am looking to pick up another support just to mix it up.

Would you recommend Sona over Janna? Or another support? I've seen some good alisters recently.

CC>Heal for ranked? Almost lvl 30 yay

TuM rexasaurs

11-19-2012

i say sona because she heals and has cc ult plus her Q makes your adc alot stronger

Cheap0

11-19-2012

Sona's not really about her heal, she's about her poke and that ult (and some nice auras). Janna's about her peeling. They both function pretty differently.

I will say that Janna's a very high skill champion though, and it's very rare to see a Janna that knows what she's doing at anything below 1200 elo. If you want to play her, take the time to learn to play her properly. Look at guides and read some discussions on it, or watch some pros play. She's a really cool champion that can do amazing things though, and well worth the effort to learn.

Sir Kingpin

11-19-2012

sona

Cpt Rastapopulos

11-19-2012

Sona is a good damage dealer if you buils support with her passive plus q, but she is easy to kill. Janna can be good in teamfight and with an adc with her shield, but her ult is hard to place correctly in team fights...
you decide.

Pyrodruid

11-19-2012

I prefer Janna, but they're really two quite different play styles. Good news is, Janna is about to be on free week, so you can give her a good run without spending anything.

barbeerian

11-19-2012

Zyra! It was recommended to me, tried it, fell in love with her. She's a fantastic support, and she mids well also so she's handy to learn. Her root (E) has very long range, pierces mobs, and roots everything it touches. She's really good at harassing in lane with her plants, very cheap on mana. Her W drops seeds (which cost no mana), that turn into a plant if you Q or E the seed. So it's 2x the harass for your mana. Seeds are also great because they grant vision around them, awesome for temp wards/bush checks.

Her ult is a large AoE knockup (can't be cleansed), it deals damage instantly then knocks up 2s later. Sona's stun ult is instant, however Zyra's can be cast at a distance so you're safer when you use it and I find it easier to position for maximum effect.

Squilk

11-19-2012

janna the extra team speed buff as well as her tower damage is a plus. also if the tornado is used right its an op mass stun. and you can build her as ad or ap and she woops as both.with sonna as a support healer she would be better but alone she cant do much

Squilk

11-19-2012

janna because the extra team speed buff as well as her tower damage is a plus. also if the tornado is used right its an op mass stun. and you can build her as ad or ap and she woops as both.with sonna as a support healer she would be better but alone she cant do much.

Pyrodruid

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeerian View Post
...[valid points for Zyra]...
Zyra's defiantly an option to look at, if it's her play style you like then go for it. If it's the numbers you like, I'd advise wait till after the next patch. Morello has said a number of time Zyra support is OP, so she likely has a nerf coming up.

Also with Janna's move speed passive mentioned, it's also worth noting that base move speed will be increasing globally in season 3, so both her W's passive and her passive will be very slightly better.