Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leaver System (Suggestion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rio2

11-20-2012

After reading all the posts with complaints of leavers/afks, we've all had one...and majority of us...have been one...I started to play rank games again on my smurf during the start of Season 3, the games went well, the players seem focused, it was all pleasant until the 4th game. During the 4th game, I had a jungler who decided that real life issues were getting in the way of his LoL time, was understandable, and he left during the 3 minute mark...We lost and all was forgiven and forgotten. However...the next game I played, a player never connected. Awsome, 2 games in a row. After these 2 games, the next one was pretty decent, we won and etc. Then..the next game, had a top leave the game and well..we lost...anyways your all probably wondering where I'm going with this...so I'll get right to the point.

Many players have lost rank games due to leavers,trolls,afks etc. Though many of us think we don't deserve it....well....I think we actually don't. This is just a suggestion,Riot, maybe you should implement a leaver system that will automatically generate a loss forgiven if a player has left under the 5 minute mark, and not returned over a majority of time( e.g until the surrender vote is available), imo this seems like a fair way to prevent undeserving elo lost,and of course the enemy team will still receive there win..

Ralancia

11-20-2012

Hmmm...actually not a bad idea.

Eliphas772

11-20-2012

had so many leaver and afkers over the past few games, maybe this isn't such a bad idea

IronyOwl

11-20-2012

Elo has to be sum zero, so giving some to the winning team but not taking it from the losing team wouldn't work. Making it a null match but still saying the enemy team "won" would be kind of hollow.

To be blunt, it's also a bit of a camel's nose idea. Elo shouldn't be some sort of precious currency you're afraid to lose for any reason, which fiddling around with ultra-specific scenarios like this tends to imply.

RayRayForce

11-20-2012

Quote:
IronyOwl:
Elo has to be sum zero, so giving some to the winning team but not taking it from the losing team wouldn't work. Making it a null match but still saying the enemy team "won" would be kind of hollow.

To be blunt, it's also a bit of a camel's nose idea. Elo shouldn't be some sort of precious currency you're afraid to lose for any reason, which fiddling around with ultra-specific scenarios like this tends to imply.

this is just a game, we all get it... though many people prefer the competitive state that rank games have to offer, having a leaver or afker so early in the game kind of defiles the idea of competitive play in ranks games. Having the enemy team win because of an unfair advantage that no one was able to do about, how could you consider that "okay" and having a loss forgiven because you had a leaver/afk to ruin the games for 4 other players isn't.

Scorpia

11-20-2012

Quote:
IronyOwl:

Dude LOL is not poker calm your gamer theory mind down..

RazRio

11-20-2012

I'd like to see something like this happen

One True Bluez

02-02-2013

I like this idea, but, meh

w0nderw4ll

02-02-2013

I like this nbhut may need some adjustments