You know..I love to say that elo hell isn't real.. But it is. here's why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiceePicklez

01-04-2013

ELO hell is real.

Not because it's a thing. Or a being. OR even an element low elo players are in.

It's the idea that "OMG IM IN ELO HELL YOU ALL SUCK I MUST CARRY".

It causes people to hate support/jungle. And always give them tips on how to be better. People always are infighting, because "IM BETTER THAN YOU AT THAT ROLE".

how do you know? he could be really good.

And no, Lolking is NOT the place to go.

Once people go "OMG ELOHELL NEED TO CARRY OMGOMGOMG YOU BAD".

You end up with this endless cycle of never being able to carry just BECAUSE Of that attitude. To say "I must always carry" means you won't accept a "Low carry" role like jungle or support. It means you will ALWAYS think you're better than everyone in the game. And while that MAY be. That doesn't mean that THAT game you're going to be. Or that you even are. Yes. Theoretically, you could be a much better player (elo wise) than you are at. And your knowledge will probably show that.

But don't ACT like it. Play WITH your team.

YOU don't have to carry.

Your TEAM has to win.

Learn it. Live it. Play the hell like it.

BMZieg

01-04-2013

this is the 100th time we've had this thread

lol I died again

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
Elo Hell is like Tekken Tag 2.
It's all fine, until your opponent, out of nowhere, gets Jun Paul Asuka Unknown in a team battle, all back to back, five times over while randoming.

SpiceePicklez

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
This a couple times over unfortunately.

Criomhthann

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyPickles7 View Post
ELO hell is real.

Not because it's a thing. Or a being. OR even an element low elo players are in.

It's the idea that "OMG IM IN ELO HELL YOU ALL SUCK I MUST CARRY".

It causes people to hate support/jungle. And always give them tips on how to be better. People always are infighting, because "IM BETTER THAN YOU AT THAT ROLE".

how do you know? he could be really good.

And no, Lolking is NOT the place to go.

Once people go "OMG ELOHELL NEED TO CARRY OMGOMGOMG YOU BAD".

You end up with this endless cycle of never being able to carry just BECAUSE Of that attitude. To say "I must always carry" means you won't accept a "Low carry" role like jungle or support. It means you will ALWAYS think you're better than everyone in the game. And while that MAY be. That doesn't mean that THAT game you're going to be. Or that you even are. Yes. Theoretically, you could be a much better player (elo wise) than you are at. And your knowledge will probably show that.

But don't ACT like it. Play WITH your team.

YOU don't have to carry.

Your TEAM has to win.

Learn it. Live it. Play the hell like it.
Essentially, ELO hell exists. It's conception is the very thing that caused and continues its existence. A mindset rather then anything of actual substance, and once one escapes said mindset, they escape ELO hell.

Fascinating.

SpiceePicklez

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criomhthann View Post
Essentially, ELO hell exists. It's conception is the very thing that caused and continues its existence. A mindset rather then anything of actual substance, and once one escapes said mindset, they escape ELO hell.

Fascinating.
Ah, But there in lies the kicker.

Do you really escape elo hell when you stop believing?

I did.

Because i carried 4/6 games from jungle. (Changes your perspective on things)

ANYWAYS.

What happens when the people you are with (say 900-1200 elo.. these are the main culprits).

Believe in elo hell?

You get dragged down with them.

Unless you can carry every game.

Which even the pro's can't do EVERY game.

Bloodmo0n

01-04-2013

don't feed, play lots of games, ward lots. You should only really loose elo consistently if you feed or lead your team astray with **** baron calls etc.

lol I died again

01-04-2013

Elo Hell: The fact that you will increase over time, but overall, you're averaging a 0.3 ELO gain per game.