Suggestion: Show player ping in champ select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsugaga

11-20-2012

So yeah, I am sure we all have had many games where champ select seems good, but then the loading screen pops up and oh... what's this? My ad carry has 650 ping, and disconnects 10 times during the game.

Now if I knew this person had 650 ping in champ select, I would surely dodge. I also think I shouldn't have to dodge due to another persons internet, so I think Riot should create a system that monitors a players ping while searching for a queue. If their ping is something that will result in a sure loss (Like 300+ ping or something), then they should be kicked from queue search. Riot shouldn't just let players go into games and ruin it for others.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JJ Unbreakable

11-20-2012

On the technical side, being able to check your ping in-game means sending packets to and from Riot servers. They have enough on their plates already, so this probably won't happen.

On the other side, people don't join games with massive pings on purpose. If they do, that's a different problem altogether.
I usually check my internet connection before playing a game by surfing the net or watching youtube vids; even if it's just because I don't like playing with a bad connection.
Maybe not everyone does this, maybe they do. Either way, sometimes s**t happens and your connection dies. It's just unlucky.