What is smartcast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WASTEĞ

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wwarrior View Post
possible solution for this (i havnt tested it yet so dont jsut assume it will work), would be too leave qwer as deafult cast and then assign something zxcv as smartcast then you can switch back and forth depending on which champion you are play as.
Yea that would work if you could reach the numbers keys still but i cant lol

End notice

11-24-2011

main advantage is, while chasing, you can continually move, say you were annie chasing someone one hit. You can continually move, while hovering over them and spam the q button, vs trying to chase, and time your q when you think your in range

Kratacus

12-09-2011

brand would be an excellent champion to try smart casting with.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Smartcast also helps with the old "button wouldn't work" issue. How many times have you yelled , "CAST THE ****ING SPELL ALREADY. DAMMIT!!!".? Probably a lot.

During a fight, you get CCed all the freaking time. When you click Q, and before clicking on a target you get silenced, it cancels the spell. Then you are frantically hitting Q, target, Q, target and it isn't doing a ****ed thing.

I really hate dying and seeing all my abilities NOT on cooldown cuz they wouldnt' go off.

Smartcast solves this. You can cursor over a baddie and mash the button as fast as possible and as soon as your CC wears off, you will cast the ****ed spell instead of standing there like a tard.

I just wish there was an easy way to do it on a Per-Champion basis, or a way to click 1 button to set all smartcast ON or OFF for my Q,W,E,R keys.

Raxtus1856

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmanslyric View Post
People are talking about how smartcast is the most efficient way to utilize your champions skills. What exactly are they talking about?
I don't know about others, but I find having to push the shift key for every smartcast annoying. Smartcast, BTW, is setting spells to cast toward your cursor (or at enemies under your cursor if its an attack that always hits) when you hit the smart key). Anyway, click the gear at the bottom of the screen ingame and go into key bindings. Unbind the smartcasts and reassign them to q, w, e, and r rather than the shift combinations. Worked perfectly for me.

WatchoutBuyWards

02-20-2012

would this work if you play lock on camera?

i understand fully the pro's and con's

i just want to try it with my newly bought akali.

Modi Operandorum

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norevo View Post
I never realized that clicking the mouse took so much time out of the day... Now, if you're in the habit of rolling your face across the keyboard when you play and expecting that to get the job done, then smartcast is definitely for you. I like to have a little more control, and I can still put out a 3-4 cast burst as fast as I would ever want or need to do so. Just get used to pairing a keystroke with a click and you are basically smartcasting.

IMO, smartcast is a nifty mechanic and all, but ultimately unnecessary. Some people like it tho, so personal preference and all that jazz.
I would agree that it is mostly personal preference. I liken it to how I play Unreal Tournament (2k4 and lower, not that UT3 ****), many people bind their specific weapons to specific keys, whereas I have just learned the rotation of my mouse, and scroll through weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wwarrior View Post
possible solution for this (i havnt tested it yet so dont jsut assume it will work), would be too leave qwer as deafult cast and then assign something zxcv as smartcast then you can switch back and forth depending on which champion you are play as.
This is an interesting idea. I think I will be trying this with Morg, for self cast black shield. I cannot count how many stuns and slows that would save me. Especially with Morg, getting ganked at mid then being slowed just ticks me off.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

It works on locked camera. You can also smartcast items.

WatchoutBuyWards

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirielis View Post
It works on locked camera. You can also smartcast items.
is it viable tho? i mean, with lock on camera (and i have a ball mouse) do u think it'd make much of a difference? i can definately see the Alt + for like shields and stuff i definately think that would help but idk about the shift +

TripleHomicide

02-21-2012

-Lock Camera
-Ball mouse
-Viable

ಠ_ಠ... Nope.