Previous seasons should have effect on current season.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

01-11-2013

There is no reason for LAST season to effect my elo THIS season. Especially last season.

Last season riot had a stupid feature. You lost elo for dodging a ranked game. Not only that, but THERE WAS NO WARNING, NO MESSAGE, letting you know that you would lose elo when you dodged. As a new player I had no idea what I was doing to myself. I dodged 40-50 games.

This new preseason starts and they did a SOFT elo reset. AKA last season cripples me.

I am 27/22. My friend is 36/31. He has 560 more elo than me.

I would need to win 50 more games than him to be at his elo. That is stupid. My KDA is like 9/6/9 and I rarely do poorly when I play ranked. THe games I win I typically am carrying. I play well, but afks and mass feeders (my last loss my bot land fed 17 kills in 15 minutes) have an effect. Hell I look at some of the pros win/loss ratios and they are WORSE or barely better than mine. But they are in 2k+ elo.

In order for me to get into 2k+ elo, I would have to have 100 more wins than losses.

Pobelter is the top elo'd player right now. HE ONLY HAS 30 MORE WINS THAN LOSSES. Yet I would need 100????? This system is broken as ****. I am sorry.

DrMarvinRubdown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

you shouldn't be dodging games, yes there are trolls and people who are simply stupid but you dodging enables that behavior and you deserve the elo you lost. did you ever think there was a reason to this elo punishment?

Troa

01-13-2013

It has since been removed, so your point no longer really applies Rubdown. Not to mention it's a boxed and BS answer. Trolls tend to make the game aggravating, which makes playing(which should be enjoyable), a pointless endeavor.

DrMarvinRubdown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

if there was no punishment for dodging people would dodge because they got counter picked, the punishment is relevant and there is a reason there isnt a leave champ select button and you have to shut down the program.

FirstChoice

01-14-2013

"Pobelter is the top elo'd player right now. HE ONLY HAS 30 MORE WINS THAN LOSSES. Yet I would need 100????? This system is broken as ****. I am sorry."

- This is totally stupid logic. Pobleter is playing vs higher skilled players, so his win margin should be low. However, if he played vs lower skilled players, his win margin would probably be hundreds more. There's this guy who has a 99% win rate in ranked with like 500 games played who is unranked. Why? He dodged to lose elo. He then stomped completely hard on the low elos and had win rates of like 60 wins 0 losses. You just need to be a better player.

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstChoice View Post
"Pobelter is the top elo'd player right now. HE ONLY HAS 30 MORE WINS THAN LOSSES. Yet I would need 100????? This system is broken as ****. I am sorry."

- This is totally stupid logic. Pobleter is playing vs higher skilled players, so his win margin should be low. However, if he played vs lower skilled players, his win margin would probably be hundreds more. There's this guy who has a 99% win rate in ranked with like 500 games played who is unranked. Why? He dodged to lose elo. He then stomped completely hard on the low elos and had win rates of like 60 wins 0 losses. You just need to be a better player.
It is not stupid logic. YOu assume that higher elo means you automatically must have higher skill. I have watched 100's of hours of high elo streams. Some people are more skilled, most are not. I see the same stupid mistakes and bad players there too.

Fact is, it is near impossible to get a record of 100 + wins more than losses. Very few people if any accomplish this. I have little to no chance of ever reaching that elo due to this. It should be possible for me to reach it. I have even see players smurf up characters. And with YOUR logic, because they are lower elo when they start they should be able to accomplish this and even they don't.

Fact is, my account is set back by the 50+ elo loss dodge from last season which is forcing me to win 50+ more games than the typical person would. My account is 50 games behind what it should be because of the dodges that have affected my account. Not only did they affect my account, but they did so without telling me it was happening and I was VERY new to league.

So yes, my logic does work.

jester82

01-16-2013

Why is it so important that you have as much Elo then your friend ? Don't say because you want to play with better players, you stated yourself that some people suck no matter what their Elo is at.

I agree though, that a troll in your team sucks, but man up and deal with it. I dont see you complaning when you win a game vs a team that have a troll.

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester82 View Post
Why is it so important that you have as much Elo then your friend ? Don't say because you want to play with better players, you stated yourself that some people suck no matter what their Elo is at.

I agree though, that a troll in your team sucks, but man up and deal with it. I dont see you complaning when you win a game vs a team that have a troll.
Actually every time i play a game with a troll on the other side I apologize and honor the people on the other team. So you can take your assumptions elsewhere. You also completely missed the point of the thread. Trolls were not the focal point.

1) The elo loss from the dodge mechanic last season that was not advertised to new players royally screwed me over.

2) I don't want higher elo to "play with better players" I just want a system that makes sense. This one has huge gaping flaws because of their poor management over the dodge mechanic last season and their constant supporting of lobby trolls.