Punish the Leavers!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kildyu71

11-19-2012

SUGGESTION BOX: I know you don't truly punish players for AFK/Leaving, but how about a social punishment? Have a Black Ribbon on profiles for LEAVERS.

They would have to do it enough times to really "earn it" (not just once or twice)... but I bet this would have a serious effect!

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildyu71 View Post
SUGGESTION BOX: I know you don't truly punish players for AFK/Leaving, but how about a social punishment? Have a Black Ribbon on profiles for LEAVERS.

They would have to do it enough times to really "earn it" (not just once or twice)... but I bet this would have a serious effect!
That's a funny joke.

If it's NOT a joke, you are a little delusional. The Leaverbuster totally bans people. It just takes repeated offenses. One game every 100 probably won't get you banned.

Kildyu71

11-19-2012

I only play normal games (not ranked), but I would say 60-70% of the games are 4v5 after the first 8-10 minutes. My team, their team, doesn't matter, it's random. But it sucks for everyone.

But I am relatively new to the game (2 months)... and didn't know that people really could be banned for leaving. Thanks for clearing that up. I will continue to report people and pray for good luck in team selection that BOTH teams have all 5 all game. FAIR = FUN

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildyu71 View Post
I only play normal games (not ranked), but I would say 60-70% of the games are 4v5 after the first 8-10 minutes. My team, their team, doesn't matter, it's random. But it sucks for everyone.

But I am relatively new to the game (2 months)... and didn't know that people really could be banned for leaving. Thanks for clearing that up. I will continue to report people and pray for good luck in team selection that BOTH teams have all 5 all game. FAIR = FUN
They are indeed banned. Just report them for Leaving, and the system will take care of it.

As for your leaver rate, that's absurd. Leavers are a rarity for virtually everyone.

It's possible that your memory is making it seem like there are more leavers than there are. However, it's also possible that you're in a very unfortunate Normal Elo range that is very out-of-the-ordinary.

I suggest that you start recording the exact occurrence of leavers in your games. If it is lower and it just seems high, then this will tell you. If it really is that high... it'll be motivation to get out of that rating range.