Draft pick for unranked 3s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

also if you want ranked solo ques support my other thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2819460&page=2

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

bump

Journeyboy

11-23-2012

soon

The Bushmaster

11-23-2012

Yeah, what exactly is the reasoning behind not giving us draft 3s? There's really no reason not to, I don't think it would affect anyone anywhere negatively. I think it should have been done years ago.

Taiyodori

11-23-2012

Agreed.
I also think this would be much healthier for the new 3v3's evolution... you tend to always get the same Darius/Lee/Jax/Teemo/Singed stuff every single game. Of course, you can counter each of them, but you'd have to know which one of these you have to oppose, which you don't.
Therefore you can't counterpick or even try new stuff; if you try to, most of the times you'll just get facerolled.
If it wasn't for the bans and champion limitations, heck, you could remove blind pick at all. (But new players don't have 16 champions available, so I guess blind pick has to stay. :P)

It's far easier to let the community evolve, if you don't limit progress to ranked queues only.

It's the same for Dominion btw, except that it has a draft queue, but no one plays it, cause you can't see elo. And since there's no ranked queue either, most people won't try to evolve, since the only competitive options they have are the weekly torunaments of DominateDominion...
Dominion's missing a (solo + team) ranked queue, while 3's is missing a more competitive option besides of ranked where you can try and practise stuff, without the fear of losing elo.
I know you can still open a new team over and over again, but then again, you still need 2 premade-buddies to play with.

TisTheWay

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyodori View Post
Agreed.
I also think this would be much healthier for the new 3v3's evolution... you tend to always get the same Darius/Lee/Jax/Teemo/Singed stuff every single game. Of course, you can counter each of them, but you'd have to know which one of these you have to oppose, which you don't.
Therefore you can't counterpick or even try new stuff; if you try to, most of the times you'll just get facerolled.
If it wasn't for the bans and champion limitations, heck, you could remove blind pick at all. (But new players don't have 16 champions available, so I guess blind pick has to stay. :P)

It's far easier to let the community evolve, if you don't limit progress to ranked queues only.

It's the same for Dominion btw, except that it has a draft queue, but no one plays it, cause you can't see elo. And since there's no ranked queue either, most people won't try to evolve, since the only competitive options they have are the weekly torunaments of DominateDominion...
Dominion's missing a (solo + team) ranked queue, while 3's is missing a more competitive option besides of ranked where you can try and practise stuff, without the fear of losing elo.
I know you can still open a new team over and over again, but then again, you still need 2 premade-buddies to play with.
phrased it perfectly