As an active tribunal member.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burger Flipp3er

11-19-2012

What if you call someone gay, and they`re really gay? Are you saying that`s a slur? Wouldn`t that make you homophobic?

Are you saying the word "gay" is an insult? That makes you a homophobe.

Lord Angry

11-19-2012

You have no way of knowing someone's orientation through a game. It is only used as a slur here.

Burger Flipp3er

11-19-2012

But you`re saying gay is an insulting term.. You are a homophobe and should be banned.

dashwinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

something else i've noticed often is how often people who get reported tend to ALLCHAT.

I just don't get it really. I've seriously never felt the need to even unlock that option since they changed it wayy back when... feel like there's basically no reason to do so... it'll only get you in trouble.

And i've never been in a game thus far when other people where typing in ALLCHAT. am i missing something here? is it because i don't have the option selected that i can't read what they write?

Lord Angry

11-19-2012

No, it's not an insult. It is used more often in English as an insult (incorretly)than a descriptor of happiness.
If you walked in the street asking people what gay meant, they would mostly reply with homosexual. I don't know an single person who says this word in an online game with a positive meaning, and certainly not in the tribunal cases I've seen.

I'm sorry I was not clear enough for you, I will try to account for the assumptions I make about common knowledge for my future posts.

BushidoBacon

11-19-2012

Bump for wisdom.

Lord Angry

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashwinner View Post
something else i've noticed often is how often people who get reported tend to ALLCHAT.

I just don't get it really. I've seriously never felt the need to even unlock that option since they changed it wayy back when... feel like there's basically no reason to do so... it'll only get you in trouble.

And i've never been in a game thus far when other people where typing in ALLCHAT. am i missing something here? is it because i don't have the option selected that i can't read what they write?
Yeah, all chat is disabled by default, undergame settings I believe.

dashwinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Angry View Post
Yeah, all chat is disabled by default, undergame settings I believe.
right. yet there seems to be a large number of people being judged in the tribunal that have gone through the trouble of activating it. that in itself seems silly to me.

Lord Angry

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashwinner View Post
right. yet there seems to be a large number of people being judged in the tribunal that have gone through the trouble of activating it. that in itself seems silly to me.

I turned it on cause league got quiet with it off...

A week later I turned it off again.

Lord Angry

11-20-2012

Bamp