Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games Wins the GDC Online Choice Online Audience Award!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danimal209

10-07-2010

Quote:
ByronicHero:
Summoners!

We here at Riot Games are pleased to announce that we have emerged victorious as the Choice Online Audience Award winner. And so, to thank you all for your support, we just wanted to officially announce, that beginning October 9th until Sunday, October 10 at Midnight Pacific Time, all champions will be free-to-play. Additionally, over the course of the next few days, all summoners will be receiving a 4 Win IP boost. All boosts should be distributed by Wednesday the 13th, so if you haven't received yours, yet, don't panic! They're on their way.

But the fight's not over yet! We're still nominated for Online Game of the Year in the Golden Joystick Awards (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/shortlist.php), and we want to keep celebrating. If you'd like to pick up another free champion weekend, along with another boost, you can head over to the Golden Joystick Awards website (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/shortlist.php) and select League of Legends as your vote for Online Game of the Year. Here's how to vote:

• Point your browser to the Golden Joystick Awards website. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/shortlist.php)
  • Click on 'vote now' on the top nav of the page.
  • Select 'Online Game of the Year' from the vote page.
  • Select League of Legends. It should be the middle title located in the fourth row.
  • Fill in the required information at the bottom of the page under 'Your Details'.
  • Click the 'submit' button.

If you'd love to have another free champion weekend, and want to pick up yet another boost, now's the time to show your support for League of Legends. Voting closes on October 25th, so head on over to the Golden Joystick Awards page today (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/shortlist.php)!

So, will Roit reward the community that helped to make that happen? Woot, yea for us.

Edit: sry just noticed the 4 win IP boost, kind of a weak reward tho...

DarkOrchid

10-07-2010

Good stuff. GDC Online Choice Award was FREE to this game.

J4zz H4nds

10-07-2010

Quote:
Fistful of Force:
LOL. It's for everyone, I think.

yea it is

Senthin

10-07-2010

Originally Posted by Tippytoe22 View Post
Riot are you even allowed to do this technically?

Probably not. I'm not sure in this case, but I do know that MUD voting sites specifically say that no bribes are allowed to be given out as incentive for voting. I'm assuming that carries over to this as well. Now, offering free champs+IP boosts for winning the award they already won is one thing, to celebrate a victory with a reward is okay i believe. However, to offer the reward under the condition that you vote for them and they win I think is not so.. allowed. Again, every contest is different and I could be wrong, but that is usually how I see it done.

I don't care either way, I just thought he raised an interesting point.

Chanchai

10-07-2010

Quote:
Danimal209:
So, will Roit reward the community that helped to make that happen? Woot, yea for us.

Edit: sry just noticed the 4 win IP boost, kind of a weak reward tho...

The other perk is that ALL CHAMPIONS will be unlocked this weekend for free play.

Chanchai

10-07-2010

Quote:
Senthin:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe22 View Post
Riot are you even allowed to do this technically?

Probably not. I'm not sure in this case, but I do know that MUD voting sites specifically say that no bribes are allowed to be given out as incentive for voting. I'm assuming that carries over to this as well. Now, offering free champs+IP boosts for winning the award they already won is one thing, to celebrate a victory with a reward is okay i believe. However, to offer the reward under the condition that you vote for them and they win I think is not so.. allowed. Again, every contest is different and I could be wrong, but that is usually how I see it done.

I don't care either way, I just thought he raised an interesting point.

Well, I think they asked the community to vote and if they happen to win, they will celebrate with 4 Win IP Boosts FOR EVERYONE.

Technically, whether you voted or not, you're getting 4 Win IP Boosts. You're not necessarily getting them for voting. You're getting them because enough people voted to secure the Audience Award ^_^

A tongue-in-cheek way of thinking about it is: "Vote for us and we will cut your IP taxes!" :P

I know my Rune Taxes have been cut ^_^ Well... I guess technically it's a "tax credit..."

gh0stship

10-07-2010

I think you should give us free skin instead of those free ip boost and free all champ for 2 days.. like ufo corki.
we need more free skin.
anyone agree pls up vote.

Brad

10-07-2010

Double IP Weekend > Free Champion weekend although both would indeed be great =)

GlènnBeck

10-07-2010

I thought the original bribe was a full weekend with all champs free? Now it's only 24 hours after you get your awards? WEAK.

I think I read that wrong... you mean starting at midnight Friday until midnight Sunday?

JellySlather

10-07-2010

Grats guys.