"Pick order", "Role Call", neither work and both just result in solo-queue arguments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackoutabyss

11-19-2012

I also agree you need to be able to report people based on their pregame actions.

steak style

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCyo View Post
Why doesnt pick order work?

Imo, pick order DOES work...What doesnt, is the maturity level of the players.

Riot cant fix stupid. They cant make a player lock in a specific role. Nothing can be done I dont think...

The problem is the players, not the system.

A mature player who wants to win the game, will do what he need to do. So if he needs to support, he'll support, or dodge.

I rather have a player that dodges because they dont want to support, than a player who trolls and picks in the role he wants when that role is filled.

Feel me?
Word. If you can't suck it up for the good of the team, then dodge and spare everyone else a waste of time.

By the way, Lyte has indicated that Riot has access to champion select and postgame chat; it just isn't in the Tribunal.

Gigahappytown

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
It technically is in the Summoners Code, but the people who go by Role Call, are (in my experience) more numerous and don't really care.

Where in the summoners code i already read the whole thing and i refuse to read it again >;c

IAmDC

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigahappytown View Post
Where in the summoners code i already read the whole thing and i refuse to read it again >;c
You say that as if its more than 2 page's worth or text.

"Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself."

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code

^Part 1, Support your Team.

TimofeyMozgov

11-20-2012

Calling is merely a courtesy so your teammates know where you're going if you picked a versatile/ambiguous champion. Obviously, only pick order really matters in the end since you can't all pick at the same time. If the first pick is top and you're the 2nd pick and you decide to pick a top, you're the troll no matter who called what first. This is simple common sense. Shouldn't even have to be explained.