Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Pick order", "Role Call", neither work and both just result in solo-queue arguments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penakoto

11-19-2012

Quote:
AltairEbon:
There should be the ability to pick your role before you enter a match, and the matchmaking will make a team of what you picked, or ever what secondary roll you pick.

Many MMO's have this, and I think it could work here as well.

Riot, and a few people that support them in this, would consider this to be stagnating the Meta.

PERSONALLY, I think thats a huge load.

You don't have to make the roles as finite as 'Top Lane', 'Support Bottom', and such, but what about stuff like 'Jungle', 'Carry' or 'Tank'? Things Riot themselves label champions as, and roles that teams generally need to have.

You could select multiple options too, like some MMOs, so the people that can/will take anything can fill any roles that the team needs.

Penakoto

11-19-2012

Quote:
Tarics Undies:
Pick order does work. Pick order is what's fair. Pick order is what Riot has stated many times is the correct way to select champs. Pick order is described in the summoner code as the way you should select champs.

How is there any confusion on this? Yes some people are a hole and troll for not getting their way but you stick to your principles and be consistent.

I said it already, because more people in my experience believe in my Role Calling.

With no way to enforce pick order or report people in pre-game chat, and people choosing a different method of picking roles, what effects does Riot's word on how things SHOULD be done have? People that go by call, can't be banned or warned for it, can't be told by anyone but other players (which results in fighting) not to do it, aren't restricted in ANY way that prevents them from doing it...

Penakoto

11-19-2012

Quote:
CawkBeefSandwich:
If someone wants to go for my position and they're in front of me in the pick order, I ask them pretty nicely if I can grab it instead. If they say no, I fill in elsewhere. No big deal.

It's no big deal to you, but I constantly see people fighting and arguing because of EXACTLY this. If you were at all the majority, there'd be no problem.

Penakoto

11-19-2012

Quote:
Invoke Fangirls:
ive had 2 people go ad bot , argue with each other the whole game and still turn the game into a win for their team.

wheres your god now?

Sounds like a pretty miserable game, if they fought the entire time because of role disputes.

MichaelKors

11-19-2012

This has been suggested elsewhere before, but what if Riot could implement a preferred role selection before getting to the pre-game lobby. It would function the same way as the "Accept" and "Decline" button, but instead, accepting would be choosing a preferred role. This is something like the group finder search function in Star Wars The Old Republic.

However, there may be problems such as people choosing a role, but still choose something else instead. Regarding this, maybe the role you chose will show up under your name in champ select. Another point someone brought up before is that this is enforcing the current meta and hinders those who wish to play their own meta such as double AD carries for example. So, this idea has its ups and downs.

Again, this is just a suggestion. It may be worth looking at.

Raloosh

11-19-2012

I sure do love Pick Order.
Top guy instalocks top and gets counter picked totally never happens.
Tooottallly.
TOOOOTTALLLY.
Edit: Anyway, I agree. This is a big problem.

Ak Motomoto

11-19-2012

Quote:
MagnumBlade:
This has been suggested elsewhere before, but what if Riot could implement a preferred role selection before getting to the pre-game lobby. It would function the same way as the "Accept" and "Decline" button, but instead, accepting would be choosing a preferred role. This is something like the group finder search function in Star Wars The Old Republic.

However, there may be problems such as people choosing a role, but still choose something else instead. Regarding this, maybe the role you chose will show up under your name in champ select. Another point someone brought up before is that this is enforcing the current meta and hinders those who wish to play their own meta such as double AD carries for example. So, this idea has its ups and downs.

Again, this is just a suggestion. It may be worth looking at.

I agree, this method does kinda screw any new meta's people wish to try out. aka a very large CON to the idea.

Private Riem

11-19-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=25510821

somewhere

11-19-2012

oddly beginners dont have these issues. i wonder why....

oh yeah.... the meta. forever... unchangeing..... hopefully S3 will be better and maaaaaybe make support a desirible role to play aswell.

habahnow

11-19-2012

this is a problem that i feel is very simple to fix and takes almost no effort from riot's side. have a statement in the tips before the game starts on whether pick order trumps calling or not. At the moment, the problem is the lack of unity on the topic. if a huge majority of the people, and riot, agree on any method, then there will be less problems. Having the tips state the answer is also a way to get the information out to many people as well.

P.S. riot has stated that they do not want to cement the current meta by allowing players to join games by position to which i wholeheartedly agree.