"Pick order", "Role Call", neither work and both just result in solo-queue arguments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AltairEbon

11-19-2012

There should be the ability to pick your role before you enter a match, and the matchmaking will make a team of what you picked, or ever what secondary roll you pick.

Many MMO's have this, and I think it could work here as well.

Tarics Undies

11-19-2012

Pick order does work. Pick order is what's fair. Pick order is what Riot has stated many times is the correct way to select champs. Pick order is described in the summoner code as the way you should select champs.

How is there any confusion on this? Yes some people are a hole and troll for not getting their way but you stick to your principles and be consistent.

Snake XT

11-19-2012

dunno about you guys but every single game i joined in draft normal people call out roles.. pick order is non existent unless riot enforces it.

Tarics Undies

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltairEbon View Post
There should be the ability to pick your role before you enter a match, and the matchmaking will make a team of what you picked, or ever what secondary roll you pick.

Many MMO's have this, and I think it could work here as well.
They don't do this because there are many different team comps that can work. The meta is fluid

Hy33nA

11-19-2012

bump for great justice

CawkBeefSandwich

11-19-2012

If someone wants to go for my position and they're in front of me in the pick order, I ask them pretty nicely if I can grab it instead. If they say no, I fill in elsewhere. No big deal.

Häßlich

11-19-2012

Until some kind of feature is added to help decide these arguments, it's just best to go into these things with an open, team-oriented mind, and a flexible roster. This is an example of why knowing several roles decently is important.

If you are going to queue up and insta-lock/call a role, don't act for even one second that you're surprised at the negative feedback, and possible trolling that generally follows.

Amnizu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

ive had 2 people go ad bot , argue with each other the whole game and still turn the game into a win for their team.

wheres your god now?

Ak Motomoto

11-19-2012

I, personaly, would like to see a pre game roll selection. Exa, I go to pick 5v5 draft/ranked and then am given the option of top/mid/jungle/adc/support. I then check a box next to the desired roll and comense with the Q wait. While I could see this making some peoples games take alot longer to start, I play support and I beleive I would get instant Q's. I could see this getting rid of ALOT of the problems with roll calling but it would probubly, greatly increase wait times for games. Do the pro's outweigh the cons???

Ak Motomoto

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlich View Post
Until some kind of feature is added to help decide these arguments, it's just best to go into these things with an open, team-oriented mind, and a flexible roster. This is an example of why knowing several roles decently is important.

and THIS^^ =D