"Pick order", "Role Call", neither work and both just result in solo-queue arguments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAmDC

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedVampire View Post
I also notice this, & have actualy been reported because i used an slanderous word near the beginging of the game just because they would trash talk before hand. It's a bit anoying & i wish riot would be able to hold the logs of prematch games, but it's very iffy because of the way things are set up.

Our best hope at the moment is to just hope that enough people don't do this & it catches on.
I forget where the post is, but I remember a rioter saying that they infact do keep pre and post game chats.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penakoto

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCyo View Post
Why doesnt pick order work?

Imo, pick order DOES work...What doesnt, is the maturity level of the players.

Riot cant fix stupid. They cant make a player lock in a specific role. Nothing can be done I dont think...

The problem is the players, not the system.

A mature player who wants to win the game, will do what he need to do. So if he needs to support, he'll support, or dodge.

I rather have a player that dodges because they dont want to support, than a player who trolls and picks in the role he wants when that role is filled.

Feel me?
It doesn't work, because not everyone agrees that it's the best way to distribute roles.

You'll have 4 people agree to Pick Order, then you'll have one guy who wants to go by Call Order, and vise versa, and 3v2 examples.

I personally, find more people who go by Calling Roles, than people who go by Pick Order, BUT, there's still enough Pick Order people that disputes between the two groups are incredibly common.

I really don't care which way we go by, I just am sick of the disputing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snake XT

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Would you agree that first pick has priority over what he/she wants to pick and the rest work around him/her?

I've seen one guy insult top pick for not giving the guy at 4th spot his preferred role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Ark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-19-2012

I agree with some people here that pick order is what USUALLY works, since what's so impressive about typing in 'mid' faster than others? Some people's PC's are actually slower and will never get to call fast enough in that case.

Just have the Pick order be official and put it in the summoner's code.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penakoto

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedVampire View Post
I also notice this, & have actualy been reported because i used an slanderous word near the beginging of the game just because they would trash talk before hand. It's a bit anoying & i wish riot would be able to hold the logs of prematch games, but it's very iffy because of the way things are set up.

Our best hope at the moment is to just hope that enough people don't do this & it catches on.
If it hasn't caught on, I fear what'll happen if it does catch on. It happens far too often, people doing things that would otherwise get you banned in the pre-game chat I mean.

If someone calls me an (f-word meant to insult homosexuals), in pre-game chat, he's free to do it, because as far as I know, there's no way he can get banned for it, as long as he's relatively good in game, or at least non-talkative.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penakoto

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCyo View Post
I forget where the post is, but I remember a rioter saying that they infact do keep pre and post game chats.
Why doesn't it show up in the Tribunal then? It would be pretty useful information. People in the game might take pre-game chat into consideration when reporting someone, but it can't be seen by people in the Tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penakoto

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake XT View Post
Would you agree that first pick has priority over what he/she wants to pick and the rest work around him/her?
If that's what the rest of the team agrees on, fine. I usually go by what everyone else says when it comes to decisions like that.

My problem isn't with either system of choosing roles, it's that there are two groups with two different ideas of what's right and that they're constantly fighting over it, which results in me taking forever to find a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penakoto

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuXedo Ma5k View Post
I agree with some people here that pick order is what USUALLY works, since what's so impressive about typing in 'mid' faster than others? Some people's PC's are actually slower and will never get to call fast enough in that case.

Just have the Pick order be official and put it in the summoner's code.
It technically is in the Summoners Code, but the people who go by Role Call, are (in my experience) more numerous and don't really care.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Riot has already stated they support pick order as the decider when a consensus can't be reached. All we need is the ability to report people in pregame chat.

Until then, I'll continue taking screenshots and making support tickets.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CawkBeefSandwich

Senior Member

11-19-2012

When I join draft or ranked I post this pretyped message:

"Hey everyone, how you doin? I prefer to top lane because that's my best and most skilled position but can fill other roles."