Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Language Barrier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethlinlol

11-19-2012

Could we get some sort of system that tags accounts for a language type (Such as English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.). I got nothing against foreign languages, but I do have something against not understanding team mates.

Generally I find when I am in a game with someone who can't speak English, they tend to kind of do their own thing and because I (or others) can't talk to them they don't know things a team needs (Like guard here, or attack there, or ready for team fight, etc.) and it ends up costing the game which is really frustrating.

Another thing that often happens is someone will start bashing them and flainging out racist terms and such. I don't really get offended at anything so that doesn't bother me hearing it, what does bother me is that they enter the typical "bad mood" lowering their playing skill and just lowering moral and wrecking the team.

I am sure most have experienced this at one point or another.

Shuggles

11-19-2012

Yeah all moba games have something like that except for LoL, even the ones no one plays anymore and ones still in beta like DotA2, it would be really nice if that was added in. Think of all the losses that would be prevented!

Unfortunately by posting this people are going to immediately associate you with being a xenophobe racist, happened to me when I posted the exact same thread a year ago. 100 downvotes in 2 days, and I worded everything precisely and politically correct.

Some people just enjoy frustration, I guess.

Levigasm

11-19-2012

OP you are my hero

Morticia

11-19-2012

I never understood why there wasn't a chat feature that implements an auto translate.
I play Second Life now and then and the client has a feature for this. I just wonder why Riot doesn't do it for LoL, considering the various people that play this game and communication being ESSENTIAL.

Flennel

11-19-2012

New summoner spell: Language Barrier. Protects you from profanity for 2.5 seconds.

Sourpatch

11-19-2012

I too would at least appreciate something to tag the separate languages, too many times have I lost games because someone on my team can't get over that another person does not speak english :[

Heavens Dominion

11-19-2012

Me: Hey guys GLHF to all!
Other Player: Asi Asi! Buena Suerte a todos!
Me:....uhhhmm...what?
Other Other Player: Eime Kala, eucharisto Kai eisis?
Me: ...oh God help me!
Other Player: vamos, AYUDA ME!!!!
Other English Player Who Understands Some Spanish: Dude, I think he's calling for help...
Me: Oh man...
Other Player: NOOOOOO A MUERTA MEEEE!!!!
Me: He just died huh?!
Other English Player Who Understands Some Spanish: yeah man...he did
Other English Player Who Understands Some Spanish: what the heck did that other guy say?!?!

= partywide faceroll.

#enoughwiththehashtagsalready!!!

Heavens Dominion

11-19-2012

Bump this thread 100 times an hour until we have justice!!!

Kilivin777

11-19-2012

Bump x A million.

BriefEternity

11-19-2012

Pretty much anything needed to win a match can be communicated with pings.