How does Trinity Force and Frozen Mallet stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

11-19-2012

Does only Frozen Mallet trigger, or will Frozen mallet and Trinity's slows both take effect?

I've never learned this.

SlumlordThanatos

11-19-2012

Only Frozen Mallet will trigger. It's the exact same effect. The only difference is that Trinity only has a chance to apply it, while FM will always apply it.

The SHP

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Only Frozen Mallet will trigger. It's the exact same effect. The only difference is that Trinity only has a chance to apply it, while FM will always apply it.
actually, FM's is stronger too (40% on FM to 35% for trinity, on melees)

KRYPTØNITE

11-19-2012

Wow coming from a high elo player like you. Thought you would know this. Because I sure as hell don't.

Kaantu

11-19-2012

Hashinshin trolling?

What?

Relevant: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2501623

hashinshin

11-19-2012

Quote:
no, will I get permanent 40% with a chance at an additional slow, or will the additional trinity slow just never proc?

I Am Zyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
No, it stacks with diminishing returns. They're only the same affect if it's the same item OR it's season 3 OR it specifically says it doesn't stack with x.

hashinshin

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyGooch View Post
No, it stacks with diminishing returns. They're only the same affect if it's the same item OR it's season 3 OR it specifically says it doesn't stack with x.
So if I have trinity + FM I will get permanent slows with a chance at a super slow

This matters because in S3 there are so few good items for bruisers I'm considering adding FH to my build for some health jacking (and 30 damage isn't the worst.)

I Am Zyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
So if I have trinity + FM I will get permanent slows with a chance at a super slow

This matters because in S3 there are so few good items for bruisers I'm considering adding FH to my build for some health jacking (and 30 damage isn't the worst.)
Google Frozen Mallet Triforce diminishing returns.

Basically, and I don't remember the numbers, if Fromallet gives 40% and you also have Triforce with 35%, it'll go 40% +a small percentage of 35%.

AllenTheGreat

Recruiter

11-19-2012

In the new PBE Patch, they have the same Unique Passive name, which means they do not stack. If you were to buy both of them, I believe you'll only have the effect of the first one you bought.