Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pretty sketchy tribunal case...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Elo

11-19-2012

Quote:
ThisIsMinecraft:
So what, I talked back to a few *******s who were abusing me. Should I have? No, probably not. Should I be suspended for doing so? Hell no. In both those games I was far from the worst behaved player.

You deserved the ban. It's not that they did nothing wrong, but you overstepped your boundary. Just keep your mouth shut in games and enjoy the satisfaction of reporting the guy who was "abusing you". They clearly enjoyed silently reporting you. Do you see the difference here?

Deldris

11-19-2012

Technically, you didn't break the summoner's code in any way. Neither did anybody you reported.

You're still a giant ****** though.

YuSira

11-19-2012

Did you know the more toxic players are the ones that say things along the lines of "reported"? I learned that from reading red posts awhile back .

In the second game, to me it really seemed like you started it when all Malph said was "Dat Vayne" Which could have been from you getting one of those 7 kills and a compliment. Really, I would have punished you too. o_o

IS104fff2b3ed810a7a4daa

11-19-2012

i thought all plat players were trolls?

ThisIsMinecraft

11-19-2012

Quote:
Wukõng:
You deserved the ban. It's not that they did nothing wrong, but you overstepped your boundary. Just keep your mouth shut in games and enjoy the satisfaction of reporting the guy who was "abusing you". They clearly enjoyed silently reporting you. Do you see the difference here?

They didn't silently report me, they verbally abused me and instigated the argument. I didn't overstep my boundary. If you can't even tell somebody, who deserves to be banned, that you are going to report them, then there's no point even keeping the chat feature in the game any more.

altom

11-19-2012

Happened to me as well, I got perm-banned no one else got in any trouble even though they swore the whole game. What has Riot come too?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31609849&posted=1#post31609849

ThisIsMinecraft

11-19-2012

Quote:
YuSira:
Did you know the more toxic players are the ones that say things along the lines of "reported"? I learned that from reading red posts awhile back .

In the second game, to me it really seemed like you started it when all Malph said was "Dat Vayne" Which could have been from you getting one of those 7 kills and a compliment. Really, I would have punished you too. o_o

Malphite said "dat vayne" after I died or something, which is clearly verbal abuse.

DrUnne

11-19-2012

Quote:
ThisIsMinecraft:
So what, I talked back to a few *******s who were abusing me. Should I have? No, probably not. Should I be suspended for doing so? Hell no. In both those games I was far from the worst behaved player.

May I suggest reading the following links, so you become aware of what you can and cannot do in game? Riot has stated you can get punished regardless of provocation.

Summoners Code
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articles/The_Summoners_Code

Tribunal FAQ
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20075032-tribunal-faq

Kovar Khepera

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Quote:
ThisIsMinecraft:

Thing is when you get into verbal battle with teammates like that it disrupts everyone's game, not just you and the people you're directing your comments to. All teammates see that chat, not jsut you and the people you are bad mouthing.

ThisIsMinecraft

11-19-2012

Quote:
DrUnne:
May I suggest reading the following links, so you become aware of what you can and cannot do in game? Riot has stated you can get punished regardless of provocation.

Summoners Code
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articles/The_Summoners_Code

Tribunal FAQ
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20075032-tribunal-faq

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.