Double supports.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glow Flies

11-19-2012

With the increased ambient gold in season 3 does anybody else think that the number of dou top lanes will increase?

One of my main reasons for thinking this is that Jungle is harder now so most of the ganks probably will come from mid.

I'm not saying ignore buffs and nobody take smite, but why not have bottom support take smite and top support take heal or exhaust. Benefits to this would be dragon being way easier to protect from the enemy team because your smite player is always next to dragon. Top lane would become way safer and may allow Poppy to fit into the meta. 2 people on your team would have the stone upgrade meaning 6 free wards on the map at a time.

Secure first blue for your mid and when smite comes back up take red for your ad carry. Keep doing golem until 6 minutes with your ranged ad if you are blue or wolves if you are purple. Each support can take auras that benefit their lane more top lane would probably rush aegis while bot may go zekes. Imagine vlad top lane with a lulu support that rushed a wota, he could ignore building his own revolver and just build damage.

Zeriphor

11-19-2012

I doubt it. Giving the enemy jungler free reign in both jungles, having no one to gank, and giving up your fourth gold stream are all bad things.

However, I would love to see that be a viable strategy. Maybe it will be more viable to give up all those things in order to shut down the enemy top laner hard. It would definitely be a risky move.

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
I doubt it. Giving the enemy jungler free reign in both jungles, having no one to gank, and giving up your fourth gold stream are all bad things.

However, I would love to see that be a viable strategy. Maybe it will be more viable to give up all those things in order to shut down the enemy top laner hard. It would definitely be a risky move.
You gota remember you're going to have double the ward coverage so if the enemy jungle invades you can collapse with 3

TheMishthra

11-19-2012

interesting thought, would top lane not be as gimp since gold/xp on golems has been increased?

Azanir

11-19-2012

Support + Nasus new meta.

zeroempathy

11-19-2012

I just played a game against a Morde Karth mid. Thought they were duo but they were raging at the end when nothing became of their lane.
Yet another instance of pick order vs call order.
I really like the old days when people were happy to ranked and win instead of trying to pick lanes where they can "carry the team" (and most likely fail)

Hartwood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

11-19-2012

Soraka + Cassopeia = Fun times

DeathByWaffle

11-19-2012

Duo laning in a traditionally solo lane has always been viable in its own way. Duo laning mid or top makes bullying the opponent incredibly easy and prevents them from getting any meaningful farm. This means that even though you are splitting your farm with someone else, you both will still have equal or higher cs than your opponent so long as you do a good job of zoning him out.

There are a few problems with this though. First, no jungler means no smite which means it becomes incredibly easy for the enemy team to steal baron, dragon, and buffs.

Second, no jungler also means no ganks unless someone roams from their lane. However, this is easy for the enemy to deal with even without a ward because all they need to do is look at the minimap and see that you are mia.

Thirdly, duo laning only really works if you guys don't just passively farm. If you guys play passive farming heroes, then it will most likely fail. At least one of you must have some hard cc, though it's preferable if both of you have one. For example, Elise/TF is good due to their double stun and poking ability. If neither has a hard cc, then both of you must be an exceptionally powerful bully hero. For example, me and my friend used to run Rumble/Morde mid and bully the hell out of the opponent. We were pretty much ungankable too because we were both naturally so tanky so when the enemy jungler came, we would just turn and kill them both.

Fourth, having a second support will honestly limit your team fight ability unless you run specific comps. This is because, no matter what you say, supports have the least amount of team fight presence compared to the other roles (though that's not to say they're not important and can't win fights for the team)

ratcharmer

11-19-2012

It's hard to say, but I doubt it.

Both jungle and support are going through very extensive changes right now, so the best I can say is "wait and see"

Lajinn5

11-19-2012

some lanes can work quite well as a duo, one time we had 2 people fighting over support, our soraka was trolled by the other guy who said he wanted a different position then chose support. So soraka came top with me(Cho'Gath), my god that game was amazing, their solo top couldn't scratch me, and i never went OOM @_@, me and her fed off his soul and proceeded to carry the game together