I'm lagging more with remarkably better internet in League only.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retro Shock

09-04-2013

Before, I had AT&T internet with 38 ping, 4.24 MBPS download and 1.47 MBPS upload speed (according to Speedtest.net), I switched to Comcast, and now I have 53 ping, 35.53 MBPS download speed, and 10.53 MBPS upload speed (again, according to Speedtest.net). With AT&T I could play just fine with the occasional lag spikes, the most ping I had was like 200ish tops. However, with Comcast, I lag every game, constantly getting spikes of 250 and upwards, with the highest being 6,000 (yes, I do mean six thousand). I haven't changed my setup at all, any ideas on what could be causing the increased lag and any tips on fixing it?

Retro Shock

09-04-2013

bump

Retro Shock

09-05-2013

again.

Tmegsbabe

09-05-2013

Also keep getting random lag spikes while in game where I can't even move and usually end up dying, I noticed that my jumps up to 500+ when this happens not really sure what to do ran a speedtest multiple times to see if it was my iso but http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2947619411 it's perfectly fine and everything else runs fine just league so it's something in the riot servers I suppose.

Retro Shock

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmegsbabe View Post
Also keep getting random lag spikes while in game where I can't even move and usually end up dying, I noticed that my jumps up to 500+ when this happens not really sure what to do ran a speedtest multiple times to see if it was my iso but http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2947619411 it's perfectly fine and everything else runs fine just league so it's something in the riot servers I suppose.
What ISP do you have?

dkao

09-05-2013

have the same issue, comcast only recently started doing this however, started yesterday, some sections its fine at normaly 80ish ping but most of the time i'm at 250-300 ping making the game close to unplayable.

Retro Shock

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkao View Post
have the same issue, comcast only recently started doing this however, started yesterday, some sections its fine at normaly 80ish ping but most of the time i'm at 250-300 ping making the game close to unplayable.
Same, but it's been doing it since the day we got it like 3 weeks ago, and I'm lucky to get 200.

EHUEYinbound

09-05-2013

BUMP

same problem as OP

Retro Shock

09-05-2013

bump

BrownieHolic

09-05-2013

Same but not with Comcast but with Rogers Internet. Ping jumps way higher than usual ever since this patch... Fix it Riot pls.