Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runaan's Hurricane will ultimately hurt the champions it is supposed to help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanodin

11-19-2012

Quote:
Vanblod:
What benefit does sivir get from it? <_<

The only thing I can think of is her split pushing would be even faster, but that's pretty niche.

Futurecat

11-19-2012

OP's argument is basically: "Infinity Edge lets champs like LeBlanc build into ranged ad carries if they want, which ends up making champs that are intended to fill that role like Ezreal or Graves way too good, so I don't like it because it will end up getting Ezreal and Graves nerfed."

...this is pretty much a true statement.

Henry Plainview

11-19-2012

Quote:
Hologue:
Imagine Sivir's old ricochet working with this item LOL

That would be simply beautiful. roit pls.

Henry Plainview

11-19-2012

Quote:
Futurecat:
OP's argument is basically: "Infinity Edge lets champs like LeBlanc build into ranged ad carries if they want, which ends up making champs that are intended to fill that role like Ezreal or Graves way too good, so I don't like it because it will end up getting Ezreal and Graves nerfed."

...this is pretty much a true statement.

Since when is AD Leblanc NOT overpowered? DAT POSITIONING

Steelflame

11-19-2012

Quote:
Lord Angry:
Urgot, bathe enemies in armour shred and then lower three damage outputs by 10% at once.

Hue

Also slow with horror capacitor on.

Goddamn, I can apply all my effects for cheap now... Might not have to build manamune all the time...

Wrong. The new toggle on manamura makes it a must buy. Boost his Q damage by about 100-150 per.

And Manamura + Hurricane is a VERY bad combo.

FrozenXylaphone

11-19-2012

Quote:
Srankstrum:
TC mentioned that "[Ranged characters like Teemo and Kog'maw] are going to have to be nerfed to the point where they're required to buy Hurricane". This hypothetical situation isn't the same as what happened with Eve/DFG and manaless champion/Revolver, where both got hit at the same time.

My point was that when the community finds a powerful synergy between niche champions and specific items that make them "OP", Riot doesn't say, "Hey can't we just nerf the item?".

Instead Riot nerfs both.

Infirc

11-19-2012

Quote:
Afflictid:
He isn't sacrificing that much. He loses the movement speed and some attack speed and crit on PD, to have a permanent 70% attack speed boost and a 1 second cooldown mobility spell.

it still spends mana?.... geez Bruise rplayer should stop ruining the fun of other classes

Apollinarius

11-19-2012

It isn't supposed to be good for every champion. The problem is, it's too good on some champions.

Those champions will end up getting nerfed simply because they could benefit from Runaan's Hurricane. Kog, Teemo, Ashe, and some others will be thrown under the bus because they will end up balanced taking into account the new item. Other champions that don't use this item will remain strong like before.

Veretes Mortem

11-19-2012

Quote:
FrozenXylaphone:
My point was that when the community finds a powerful synergy between niche champions and specific items that make them "OP", Riot doesn't say, "Hey can't we just nerf the item?".

Instead Riot nerfs both.

I think what you are missing here is that there are several reasons to nerf a champion or an item. Cases like the ones you are talking about probably apply to the above. Riot nerfs both the champion and the item because a) the champion is too strong with or without the item and b) because the item is just too good for every champion of that class.

Internet

11-19-2012

I fear it might make Twitch /too strong/ because he is already better then people think if played well.
(Stick him with a support who can stun/snare. Easy lane)