Runaan's Hurricane will ultimately hurt the champions it is supposed to help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustAGhost

11-19-2012

Riot has already mentioned that they're keeping an eye on Kog and Teemo, Teemo especially.

Teemo nerfs are pretty much a given.

Drozzi

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
He isn't sacrificing that much. He loses the movement speed and some attack speed and crit on PD, to have a permanent 70% attack speed boost and a 1 second cooldown mobility spell.
Crit is kinda a big deal on adc's.

Henry Plainview

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanblod View Post
What benefit does sivir get from it? <_<
AOE damage that indirectly synergizes with her other abilities. That is, if the idea is for it to be viable with any ranged ad who wants more AOE damage, which was my impression. Maybe I am wrong and they really only wanted it to be a choice for a few champions and core to Teemo and Kog.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srankstrum View Post
So wouldn't they just nerf Hurricane instead of tweaking multiple champion skills?

edit: And why would Sivir and Graves consider it? Neither of them would receive the same benefit as Kog'maw or Varus would from it (and I'm pretty sure Sivir's W wouldn't actually work with the item passive).
Couldn't this have been said about AP eve and DFG? Yet, what happened? What about Vlad and Hextech Revolver? Yet, what happened?

weizhong5

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drozzi View Post
Why would either sivir or graves bother with this item?
Because it's a pretty good choice for most ranged ADC's.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Hurricane will at best, be a final item for AD carries. As for On hit characters, your trading a great deal of power to get an item with nothing but AS and a cool passive that can actually screw you over pretty badly in the wrong situations.

Vanblod

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
AOE damage that indirectly synergizes with her other abilities. That is, if the idea is for it to be viable with any ranged ad who wants more AOE damage, which was my impression. Maybe I am wrong and they really only wanted it to be a choice for a few champions and core to Teemo and Kog.
I really don't think Sivir needs help doing AoE damage with ricochet and Boomerang Blade, seeing as it doesn't give any AD or crit... just AS and the passive.

Hologue

11-19-2012

Imagine Sivir's old ricochet working with this item LOL

Srankstrum

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Couldn't this have been said about AP eve and DFG? Yet, what happened? What about Vlad and Hextech Revolver? Yet, what happened?
TC mentioned that "[Ranged characters like Teemo and Kog'maw] are going to have to be nerfed to the point where they're required to buy Hurricane". This hypothetical situation isn't the same as what happened with Eve/DFG and manaless champion/Revolver, where both got hit at the same time.

Lord Angry

11-19-2012

Urgot, bathe enemies in armour shred and then lower three damage outputs by 10% at once.

Hue

Also slow with horror capacitor on.

Goddamn, I can apply all my effects for cheap now... Might not have to build manamune all the time...