Runaan's Hurricane will ultimately hurt the champions it is supposed to help

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

11-19-2012

The goal is supposedly for it to be a good choice for anyone. But if it's good enough for, say, Sivir and Graves to seriously consider buying it, it's going to be ludicrously overpowered on Teemo and Kog, since it essentially triples their damage output. So they're going to have to be nerfed to the point where they're required to buy Hurricane. And I don't see that as an improvement at all. Maybe Varus and Twitch will escape unscathed, but the same principle applies.

Now, it could be so expensive that it's only remotely a good idea on Teemo and Kog, but they'll still have to eat some nerfs for it since it synergizes so well and they're already absurdly lethal. And then I don't see the point of adding it at all.

Drozzi

11-19-2012

Why would either sivir or graves bother with this item?

Srankstrum

11-19-2012

So wouldn't they just nerf Hurricane instead of tweaking multiple champion skills?

edit: And why would Sivir and Graves consider it? Neither of them would receive the same benefit as Kog'maw or Varus would from it (and I'm pretty sure Sivir's W wouldn't actually work with the item passive).

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drozzi View Post
Grave's quickdraw cooldown is reduced per hit...so almost instantly with hurricane

Devynity

11-19-2012

Quote:
cause everyone knows shotguns shoot more than one bullet

and uh...well sivir's bouncing blade wouldn't work with it...and the hurricane projectile doesn't even look like a bouncing blade, so I don't know about sivir

Drozzi

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
Grave's quickdraw cooldown is reduced per hit...so almost instantly with hurricane
That slipped my mind I forgot about that, but anyway he's sacrificing power for utility, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Vanblod

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
What benefit does sivir get from it? <_<

TiltedAxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Graves might bother with it, but sivir wouldn't.

Afflictid

11-19-2012

Quote:
That slipped my mind I forgot about that, but anyway he's sacrificing power for utility, I don't see what's wrong with that.
He isn't sacrificing that much. He loses the movement speed and some attack speed and crit on PD, to have a permanent 70% attack speed boost and a 1 second cooldown mobility spell.

Felaedor

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
The goal is supposedly for it to be a good choice for anyone.
This is 100% incorrect.

It's to give those rangedADs with inbuilt on-hit effects the option of going for a more AoE focused mid game build that's less about simple item scaling and more about their actual kit.

It's definitely NOT meant to be even remotely near the same usefulness on everyone. In fact, Xyph said specifically that in his original item preview post. Kog/Teemo/MF/Varus/Ashe are the primary beneficiaries of this item. People who use it decently, but not quite as well would be Cait (Headshot procrate)/Graves/Trist.

12345 ... 6