Be prepared for cheap, aggressive play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holypope

11-23-2009

I've been having fun pairing with a friend, taking evelynn and twitch, both getting elixirs of fortitude, and popping out of stealth in the 1st wave for a quick OMFG WTF was that double-kill?! If they're noobs, we can get another couple kills in. If they play it safe, we port around and repeat in other lanes. Gets 2-6 kills before the pots wear off. Good fun, though probably doesn't work as well at higher levels.

HairyDan

11-23-2009

Quote:
taking evelynn and twitch
I considered it cheap just from that.

But in all seriousness. I despise Evelynn.

Razerwind

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamprski View Post
Stopped reading here.

If I've learn anything from my years of gaming, it's that you play to have fun. You shouldn't play for anything else, ever.

If you like to play to win, and that's fun for you, go ahead.

But this tends to cause a lot of stress, as you are giving yourself the opportunity to fail.
Losing in LoL is the worst gaming experience I've ever had. You have to sit through the crapstorm until the end unless you want a leave. You want to rage but you can't. Winning is how LoL is fun. If you manage to have fun in LoL while losing then I commend you.

Razhik

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
Losing in LoL is the worst gaming experience I've ever had. You have to sit through the crapstorm until the end unless you want a leave. You want to rage but you can't. Winning is how LoL is fun. If you manage to have fun in LoL while losing then I commend you.
Not to mention if you're like me who have just accumulated 10 losses in a row.
I swear half these teams still have people that don't know wtf they're doing.

I usually play tank/support, but I've started thinking about going something else because 70% of the carries I've been with have been horrible. Relying on the team sucks

But yeah, losing in this game is annoying as hell. You can usually tell by 25 minutes if you're going to lose if you get a horrible start, depending on if your team has good endgame heroes or not. Unfortunately, if you know this, and your team still thinks they can do it, sometimes it's another 25min of just waiting to lose.

Ravage Savage

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaouron View Post
Some people derive joy just from the activity itself, regardless of the outcome. Yes, winning is usually more enjoyable, but losing doesn't bother me either. The main satisfaction i get is watching opposing players get pummeled by my cannons. Gotta love the pirate laugh when it's cast.

I'm going to assume you're one of those players that get all nerd-ragey when someone dies a few times in the first 10 minutes of the game. You then proceed to tell everyone on your team how much better you are than all of them, instead of actually trying to help them learn to play properly.
On the contrary, I usually try very hard to come off polite. Usually when I notice someone is dying a lot early on, I first ask if they want to switch lanes. 90% I don't get an answer.

Then after a few more deaths I'll say something like, try to stay closer to the tower because [hero(s)] is able to do [insert what is raping them] quickly and you won't have a chance right now.

At this point I usually get the lol type replies pretending they don't care or otherwise ridiculous comments like "my hero just dies too fast, it is not my fault". No matter what you do to explain the situation they just play stupid (I can't believe anyone is this daft) and they usually throw a "get a life" or a "I play for fun" in there.

The best part is 99% of the time these people have 10 levels on me and 4x the games played so I really don't get how they can be so bad unless they are purposely feeding to piss people off.

SoupXXVII

11-23-2009

You're all wrong, but I love you.

Losing is fun when you learn why you lost. Then you can win in that situation next time.

Everyone plays to win. That's fun, too.

And hasn't anyone here heard of SURRENDER? If you know you're going to lose and you've learned, move on and try again.

TrickyCat

11-23-2009

You have to wait 25 minutes to surrender. Sometimes, a game is so painful and it's only the 13 minute mark. When your teemo is running around with Rylai's and guinsoo rageblade; when ashe stacks avarice blades and goes 0-6 first five minutes. These games are *not* fun.

Kahryl

11-23-2009

Winning IS fun, but no matter how you play you're going to win 50% of your battles because of ELO.

So you might as well play in whatever way's most fun for you, because it's not going to affect your win rate

Taziana

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage Savage View Post
On the contrary, I usually try very hard to come off polite. Usually when I notice someone is dying a lot early on, I first ask if they want to switch lanes. 90% I don't get an answer.
I hate this to no end.

When I ask to trade lanes because of a bad lane pairing or a teammate is being eaten alive in another lane, I really do mean I would like to switch or help, but no one seems to respond most of the time. It makes me sad inside.

At the start of the game, I usually ask if people have lane preferences, then say if they need help or something to just ask because, sometimes, people are paired 1v2 in a lane and cannot handle it.

I wish people were more vocal about their troubles in the game, instead of raging randomly.

Voidgolem

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeRapples View Post
Is Morganna scrubby now or something?
Not what I meant. It's just I'm really sick of being rooted for the next ever even with treads. I'd throw Ryze in that category as well, except I see Morganna more often (It does not make sense to me either)

Please refrain from taunting when the most you do is make sure the enemy is locked down for the next year while your teammates wail on him/her. Thank you.