Homophobic Slur - punish or pardon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

Yes that was a false pardon. But do not worry friend people who do this kind of thing will face the tribunal or Riot will take care of it personally. The system works and it makes a better community!

Emotesh

11-19-2012

Gay, no f*g, yes.

Or just calling someone gay repeatedly, then sure, because it's harassment also, and using it like a slur.
I try to take people using gay as a random buzz word with a grain of salt, because it's as ground into people as any other curse word.
But if they are just vile with it, then it's the same as saying "GG noobs," or "GG f*ckers" or something else like that.

If it were a totally fine game and he just ended it on a stupid comment like that, I would be inclined to pardon unless it were accompanied by other foul behavior.

And, not that it matter, but I'm also gay.

pwndabear

11-19-2012

im not. guess i see it differently.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

As do I. We have a difference of opinion. I'm not trying to say your or OP are wrong - simply pointing out why I think the case recieved the judgment it did. It helps that I agree with that judgment, I suppose =P

x SEM x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Thanks for the feedback guys. The player was in general decently behaved in most of the 5 games. One game he was screaming Noob a lot, and one game he ended the game calling the opponents Gays. But otherwise, the other 3 reports were 100% good behavior. And the one with the offensive ending, he was well behaved during that game until that comment.

I was actually disappointed in the player because he let me down. I love getting someone that is truly pardonable, and clicking that Pardon button, since it's much more rare.

I think another possibility is that that this one offensive comment, was the last thing typed in only one of the 5 reported games. So perhaps the community doesn't read all the cases in their entirety like I do so diligently.

Here is the case, if you guys wanted to read it. Again, he was mostly pardonable, except for the Gays comment, and only partially negative with noob comments to his teammates. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5957108/

Sereg Anfaug

11-19-2012

Heh. I had several cases like that today... I wanted to Pardon them, up until the last game or two, and then I couldn't =X

Koelio

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMx12 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. The player was in general decently behaved in most of the 5 games. One game he was screaming Noob a lot, and one game he ended the game calling the opponents Gays. But otherwise, the other 3 reports were 100% good behavior. And the one with the offensive ending, he was well behaved during that game until that comment.

I was actually disappointed in the player because he let me down. I love getting someone that is truly pardonable, and clicking that Pardon button, since it's much more rare.

I think another possibility is that that this one offensive comment, was the last thing typed in only one of the 5 reported games. So perhaps the community doesn't read all the cases in their entirety like I do so diligently.

Here is the case, if you guys wanted to read it. Again, he was mostly pardonable, except for the Gays comment, and only partially negative with noob comments to his teammates. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5957108/
I'm on my phone so that link won't show me much.

However, I think I voted pardon on this case. I wanted to punish, then decided to offer this player the benefit of the doubt. I assumed it was a typo, and figured if I'm wrong this person will be back in the Tribunal, and that next time, this gay won't be so nice! Haha.