What do you think?

We need more badass females 637 28.88%
We need more crude, unrefined, gritty females 313 14.19%
All above. 858 38.89%
NO. 398 18.04%
Voters: 2206. You may not vote on this poll

@IronStylus/Morello: [Subject] The type of female champions we're missing.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KajaGrae

11-19-2012

Make it happen.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
could not agree more here - big hole in this archetype, and one of my favorites. Makes me think of starbuck from battlestar galactica.

You will be very pleased with our final release of the year
Um.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

JulpaFTW

11-19-2012

A female draven. D00ITZ!

Hexenir

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magi Homura View Post
Touhou is a series of shoot 'em up games. They're quite fun and very challenging.

Marisa is also the inspiration for Lux if you didn't already know.
Oh, it's a series of games? That's interesting. PC platform? Damn, there are so many results on Google that I can't get precise info.

EDIT:

Nvm, got it on NyaaTorrents. Great site, btw, if you don't know it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Could not agree more here - big hole in this archetype, and one of my favorites. Makes me think of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

Now I'm excited

G1aD0S

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riathamus View Post
OMG This is pure awesomeness.

http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=4

Source?

lol, the artist took the drawing down from his original post but i found it here:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...e_hair-face-gl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burungeru View Post
I have a huge problem with your categories.

"With very few exceptions (most notably Lulu), tons of recent female champs strike as a character who, if not heroic, is (or once was) either respectable (society-wise), refined, elegant, graceful, honorable / seeks honor (and/or respect)."

Diana does not give off that image. She looks like she's ready to kill. Zyra does not seem like that either, much like Diana she looks ready to fight. Katarina appears to be literally jumping in for the kill.

Basing things on looks, we have a lot of "badass" female characters. You're going lumping in certain champions based on knowing their lore and twisting it, not by their appearance or anything like that. Half of your female characters look like things we already have in League.
I'm also taking into account the lore too, and what kind of feeling it gives off to the player once they know the champion, and looks at the champion while keeping in consideration of the lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallaxal View Post
I find it very baffling that you'd link pictures of so many Touhou Project characters when you're looking for "badass, crude, gritty" females. Okay, maybe the fanartists are trying, but as far as the original source material goes the Touhou games couldn't be further from what you're asking for. There's only so much grittiness to be had from a game series based on cute girls in frilly dresses shooting sparkly bullets at each other.

Not that that makes Touhou Project any less awesome for other reasons, just that it seems to be a strange example to give.
lol, i was surffing around the "badass" pool on danbooru, an awesome image site, but with an abnormally high number of NSFW and Touhou pics.

ArcticSirius

11-19-2012

Quote:
Could not agree more here - big hole in this archetype, and one of my favorites. Makes me think of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

We will? Then make it so (Christmas release?)!

Scody

11-19-2012

I think what league is missing is some vile looking women champions. The only problem is, which they've stated time after time again is finding a way to create such a character and making it mix with their "world" which they've created. Of course, there is never going to NOT be a new female champion that isn't beautiful or "sexy", for lack of a better term. It's just a lot harder to make characters that are "ugly" and have them fit in the world and battle grounds.

Sure, they could make some "ugly" female champions, think something like...a witch like woman, with different colored skin, maybe a big nose, etc etc. But the problem is, what does she do, who is she, where is she from, how does she work with the league of legends world?

As far as uniqueness, the question is whether or not it all makes sense, and meshes with what the community wants. I wouldn't fret though, they've heard your voices, and they've seen the threads about wanting more "grotesque" like female champs, and I'm sure they won't disappoint. Remember, they're making a game, and always producing more and more for us, and that's what they want. For us to be happy with what they make. It's been proven time and time again that they do hear us, by either remaking certain champs, nerfing others (to an extent), changing splashes, etc etc.

Again, don't worry, we'll get those female champs eventually, it just takes time to work out.

Barbarian Bill

11-19-2012

Quote:

We need Gragas sister, a fat female that's super powerful

Akava

11-19-2012

Gonna be a bruiser I bet. I bet $100. Tell me I'm wrong.