What do you think?

We need more badass females 637 28.88%
We need more crude, unrefined, gritty females 313 14.19%
All above. 858 38.89%
NO. 398 18.04%
Voters: 2206. You may not vote on this poll

@IronStylus/Morello: [Subject] The type of female champions we're missing.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhaban

11-19-2012

@Morello
What about more "serious" skins for existing female champions? I really like Victorious Janna (at least compared to the other outfits) and would very much enjoy to see more like them. Since you do "bare" skins for almost all female champions that were considered more serious at the time of release, why not make serious skins for champions that were released thinclothed?

Magi Homura

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riathamus View Post
OMG This is pure awesomeness.

http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=4

Source?
Marisa Kirisame from Touhuo.

Burungeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Also, you linked men inside of your images for females. That would be Red under the gritty section.

http://s2.zerochan.net/Red.(Pok%C3%A...40.1040393.jpg

DarkePacific

11-19-2012

Because Zyra, Elise, and Diana were not femme fatales/bad asses.... Lol ok what are you smoking?

AL Penguin

11-19-2012

we need a wise old woman seer.

Zilean needs somebody to love.

Eat Orange Be K

11-19-2012

I agree, however I'd take it to the extension that you can do a lot with badass rather than just some of those examples which while good, are almost by extension just a man packaged as a female; I don't think that in and of itself is bad, but in looking at variety, there's a full scope.

That's what part of the problem is: whenever the discussion of this comes up it usually comes down to two things (and I do thank you for not going to either one, as even hearing about them is played out.):
A) "Riot Y U no fat woman"
B) "Riot Y U no ugly old hag."

Your examples show one type of variety not touched on (more contemporary androgenous women, which I won't hate on. I'd love to see a champ modelled after someone like Tilda Swinton's look, it would be fantastic). But there are others worth looking at too.

How about a bruiser girl who really looks like a bruiser?

How about one who's sillouette can be defined by their costume rather than their body, instead of the costume just being painted on?

How about one drawing off of a more "real world" look of what we'd see from (even a romanticized vision of) a female soldier?

Hell, who says they need to even really look completely human?

One I'm a big proponent of is even a monsterous female. It's a great niche (one that garners big fans anyways) and monsterous can always be done without necessarily meaning grotesque. In fact, even some could be in the realm of grotesque (despite Riot hating the idea of grotesque looks) without compromising a definitive femininity or strength.

Parallaxal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I find it very baffling that you'd link pictures of so many Touhou Project characters when you're looking for "badass, crude, gritty" females. Okay, maybe the fanartists are trying, but as far as the original source material goes the Touhou games couldn't be further from what you're asking for. There's only so much grittiness to be had from a game series based on cute girls in frilly dresses shooting sparkly bullets at each other.

Not that that makes Touhou Project any less awesome for other reasons, just that it seems to be a strange example to give.

And it was K

11-19-2012

We need some shy females too. ._. Not all of them have to be strong, beautiful black women who ain't need no man.

CupcakeRaptorr

11-19-2012

we need a female kogmaw that shoots the slime out of her boobs

Internet

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Could not agree more here - big hole in this archetype, and one of my favorites. Makes me think of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

You will be very pleased with our final release of the year
I love you.
Because Nami fills the Adorable Archetype, and the ____ Mystery *****, will fill the Badass.

On a BA level: Is it more Akin to Vayne? Leblink? Kat? Cass? Give me a range here o3o