What do you think?

We need more badass females 637 28.88%
We need more crude, unrefined, gritty females 313 14.19%
All above. 858 38.89%
NO. 398 18.04%
Voters: 2206. You may not vote on this poll

@IronStylus/Morello: [Subject] The type of female champions we're missing.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorlok

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Could not agree more here - big hole in this archetype, and one of my favorites. Makes me think of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

You will be very pleased with our final release of the year
awesome , looking forward to it.

G1aD0S

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaban View Post
Asking for badass females and then listing anime/manga female depictions in the same post? My irony detector just exploded. All those sexed up dolls is not what I call badass. The very opposite actually. I don't care about their character for this discussion because it's not important or displayed prominently in LoL anyway. So I'd rather have something like this:

Lady Brienne
Sheablo
Barbarian

Wow, how is this sexed up in any way, shape or form?

(The image was taken directly from one of the links i posted)

Labcown

11-19-2012

Quote:
Could not agree more here - big hole in this archetype, and one of my favorites. Makes me think of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

New favorite Red just for that reference.

Zerglinator

11-19-2012

Quote:

O_O

...will it actually be the final release for truly certain?

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
^^^^ I'm not sure spending money on this game really impresses women. Sorry, Riot.
It is a subconcious thing. It is not that you are actually impressing any women, but on a subconcious level you associate the two. Basically I am saying *** sales and this is the explanation as to why that is. This is what I learned when I took psycology.

chumbler

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
It is a subconcious thing. It is not that you are actually impressing any women, but on a subconcious level you associate the two. Basically I am saying *** sales and this is the explanation as to why that is that I learned when I took psycology.
Except the only thing *** sells is itself. Studies generally show that people don't really remember what is being advertised if it is done so with sexualization, they just remember that the ad is sexy. If that's how you want to be remembered, that's fine, whatever. But if that's not how you want to be remembered, you'd better start looking for other avenues of design and advertising. See for example the Evony ads. Nobody remembers what Evony actually was, they just remember how its ads evolved.

Nibelheim

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
She's going to spit and scratch her butt, isn't she?
Leave that to Angus.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Except the only thing *** sells is itself. Studies generally show that people don't really remember what is being advertised if it is done so with sexualization, they just remember that the ad is sexy. If that's how you want to be remembered, that's fine, whatever. But if that's not how you want to be remembered, you'd better start looking for other avenues of design and advertising.
It is like if you are at the store and they have a cut-out of a woman. It doesn't matter what the cutout is for, if the cutout arouses you, you are statistically more likely to spend $$ on whatever in the store than if not.
Now think about how that works with champions. You login to league and are considering buying the new champ. You look at her and she is sexy so you become aroused. You are now more likely to buy her than if she did not do that to you.

Burungeru

11-19-2012

I have a huge problem with your categories.

"With very few exceptions (most notably Lulu), tons of recent female champs strike as a character who, if not heroic, is (or once was) either respectable (society-wise), refined, elegant, graceful, honorable / seeks honor (and/or respect)."

Diana does not give off that image. She looks like she's ready to kill. Zyra does not seem like that either, much like Diana she looks ready to fight. Katarina appears to be literally jumping in for the kill.

Basing things on looks, we have a lot of "badass" female characters. You're going lumping in certain champions based on knowing their lore and twisting it, not by their appearance or anything like that. Half of your female characters look like things we already have in League.

Hexenir

11-19-2012

OMG This is pure awesomeness.

http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=4

Source?