Galio's Ultimate or Lack Thereof

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

30 Helens

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilybear View Post
you cant get interupted my naut auto, it roots you and thats it. I understand where you're coming from, but honestly, galio's ulti is EXTREMELY powerful as long as you use it right, and even with out his ult he has decent ap ratios gets free ap just from countering his lane opponent which and provides a lot of utility. I think he's just fine.

I'd like a red to post on this because you absolutely can. It has happened to me. Even if it wasn't his AA passive, it could have been a dredge line in such close proximity that I missed it and it looked like an AA. Whatever the case, I'm pretty damn sure his passive broke it. And even if it didn't, dredge line can and it's yet another skill to add to plethora of abilities that make Idol useless.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Helens View Post
I'd like a red to post on this because you absolutely can. It has happened to me. Even if it wasn't his AA passive, it could have been a dredge line in such close proximity that I missed it and it looked like an AA. Whatever the case, I'm pretty damn sure his passive broke it. And even if it didn't, dredge line can and it's yet another skill to add to plethora of abilities that make Idol useless.
there was a post on it a while ago.

it must have been dredge line.

mambawarrior0

11-19-2012

Quote:
Wrong: Sion's stun (not his ultimate) can cancel it. Irelia can cancel it if her health is lower,
That's what he just said.......

Quote:
Varus' ultimate can cancel it, MUmu's ult and badage toss can cancel it, Nautilus' passive can and does cancel it.
Varus's ult and Nautilus's passive do not cancel it, because they are snares. Amumu's ult does not cancel it, because it is an entangle.

mambawarrior0

11-19-2012

Quote:
I'd like a red to post on this because you absolutely can. It has happened to me.
There already was, it's just fairly old.
Shen'd

Retro Ambition

11-19-2012

Quote:
Wrong: Sion's stun (not his ultimate) can cancel it. Irelia can cancel it if her health is lower, Varus' ultimate can cancel it, Ashe's ult can cancel it, MUmu's ult and badage toss can cancel it, Leona's zenith blade can cancel it, Nautilus' passive and dredge line can and does cancel it. Xin's knock-up cancels it. Ahri's charm cancels it. Cho's rupture cancels it, Volibear's toss cancels it, Maokai's tiny knockback even cancels it. The list is very, very long.
Varus ult is a root. Amumu ult is too. Nautilus passive is too. Zenith blade in and of itself cannot cancel it as it is also a root and not a stun.

According to the OP's logic katarina is weak because all of these things also counter her. But she keeps getting nerfed anyway.

Dillybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

thats like complaining that a fiddle ult can get countered by getting interupted before it finishes casting. its a specific weakness in his kit on purpose, because if he didnt have a weakness like that then he would be too strong. I'm not saying what you're saying isnt valid because yes lots of things can interupt it and tenacity makes it harder to hit with, but thats the point of INVESTING in tenacity and thats one of the ONLY weaknesses he has. name another weakness galio has besides possible ulti **** ups? he has hard and soft cc he has innate tankyness, he has good ratios, he has good damage, he has good mobility AND utility with his Q slow W sheild and E movement speed.

30 Helens

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
No. It works exactly the same as any other root.

First, that isn't what he was saying at all. He was referring to the fairly recent change that allowed you to bulwark while in the middle of ulting without breaking the channel.
Secondly, bulwarking didn't make them think you wouldn't flash ult, it clues them in that you were about to.
Finally, I'm honestly starting to doubt you've ever even played Galio after reading this.
You should ALWAYS bulwark yourself for your ult, because
1. it heals you each time the bulwarked person is hit, and he will be hit a lot in his ult.
2. It grants extra defense to let you stand all those hits.
and 3. The extra MR is turned to extra AP due to your passive, making your ult do more damage (not really as important.)

Oh, and about this:
Ummm, no. Galio's ult deals damage based on how many times he was hit. It doesn't matter at all how much damage he was hit for. And bulwark gives Armor too, not just magic resist.

P.S. If they are burning their flashes, that's still pretty good.
Ah, ok I didn't know you could activate bulwark in the middle of Durand without breaking it. I haven't read patch notes recently so it's good to know.

And I always though it wasn't based upon the sheer number of attacks, but the damage received during. The guides I read over two years ago suggested that building armor on Galio was a bad idea because it reduced the damage taken and thus, the damage given in return. Perhaps that was how it used to work or perhaps I have just forgotten.

Kise

11-19-2012

Quote:
Hell, I even had a Nautilus with Mercury Treads just AA passive stun me out of Durand even though he was caught in it initially.
lol

30 Helens

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikerus View Post
Varus ult is a root. Amumu ult is too. Nautilus passive is too. Zenith blade in and of itself cannot cancel it as it is also a root and not a stun.

According to the OP's logic katarina is weak because all of these things also counter her. But she keeps getting nerfed anyway.

Katarina is only strong on a team with CC to allow for death lotus (i.e. having a Galio on your team) and against a team that does not have adequate CC.

I've got a lot of these skills mixed up. I guess it's bandage toss for instance. Regardless anything under the sun just about can cancel the ult and it's rare to get one to full duration.

But I'm not suggesting nerfing other forms of CC or somehow making Idol immune to CC. I'm only suggesting reducing the effect of tenacity slightly because it's ludicrous for a champion's ultimate to have so many counters and a pair of cheap boots to counter it on top of everything else.

mambawarrior0

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikerus View Post

Actually, Zenith can. It has a tiny stun built into it. The rest I agree on.