Galio's Ultimate or Lack Thereof

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hastemanx

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
It has the potential to be game-breaking, so of course it needs counters. It's like saying Darius' ult sucks because Heal exists.
well heal has counters to itself as it is. So its not really like making that comparision its like saying dairus ult sucks cause you can use a red pot. That can't be midigated and you get full hp from it.

Hiicantpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

While it does suck that champions can avoid the damage by flashing/dashing/blinking out, Galio's ultimate is more about the initation and setup for your team to follow up. That 1 second of taunt is usually enough to have your team colapse in and unleash all their damage on the taunted opponents.

Coyotedash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Helens View Post
I get it. And I like playing Galio, and ults that are not interrupted and do catch more than one or two enemies can definitely change the fight, like most other ultimnates. I'm just saying that the perfect Galio ultimate is fewer and farther between than it ever was. I suggest making the tenacity reduction smaller than it currently is, that's all. There's still about 1500 ways to interrupt Idol anyway.
so you are suggesting to nerf every other champion with any sort of cc just to "buff" 1 champion?

sounds fair and not biased at all

30 Helens

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotedash View Post
so you are suggesting to nerf every other champion with any sort of cc just to "buff" 1 champion?

sounds fair and not biased at all

Not at all. You're not very good at interpreting. I am only suggesting reducing the tenacity effect by as little as 20% across the board. This would in no way nerf champions with CC, in fact it would help.

woyaH

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegademan View Post
Galio really does have to many counters to his ult. There are too many passives, items, and skills that can be used during his ulti that cancels it out.

Sion's ults, Udyr, Naut passive, Blitz E, GPs W, Irelia, any ranged, and the list goes on.
Sions ult doesn't cancel it...naut passive doesn't...GP can't. Irelia only can if she's at lower health then you. Only 2 ranged champs can stop his ult.

Quote:
I don't see how bulwarking might deceive the opponent into thinking I wasn't going to flash/ultimate, except perhaps that they may think it's stupid to do because bulwark would mitigate the damage received to Galio from AP sources and thus possibly make his ultimate output less damage. That's ok, I guess, since the damage is **** and not the primary reason for using his ult. Is that what you meant?
Galio ult increases damage from mostly AD since you can't cast spells while taunted. Don't know what you're saying.

2pudge1cup

11-19-2012

i don't really care about it getting cancelled by next hit disables like udyr, volibear, garen, irelia. that is going to happen. that is a legitimate counterplay. wait to use your big time ultimate vs. those champs.

i just don't like how the damage is fully backloaded and just by going full defense tree you negate all of the damage to you.

30 Helens

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikerus View Post
Sions ult doesn't cancel it...naut passive doesn't...GP can't. Irelia only can if she's at lower health then you. Only 2 ranged champs can stop his ult.
Wrong: Sion's stun (not his ultimate) can cancel it. Irelia can cancel it if her health is lower, Ashe's ult can cancel it, Mumu's bandage toss can cancel it, Leona's zenith blade can cancel it, Nautilus' dredge line can and does cancel it. Xin's knock-up cancels it. Ahri's charm cancels it. Cho's rupture cancels it, Volibear's toss cancels it, Maokai's tiny knockback even cancels it. The list is very, very long.

30 Helens

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikerus View Post
Galio ult increases damage from mostly AD since you can't cast spells while taunted. Don't know what you're saying.
I'm certainly aware of that, genius. I was only counter-pointing to the previous poster suggesting that using bulwark just before might somehow deceive the opponent into thinking I wasn't about to use flash/ultimate. It was an absurd point and met by an absurd example. By the way, there are auto attacks that add AP damage (aside from on-hit builds) like Oriana and Lux.

Dillybear

11-19-2012

you cant get interupted my naut auto, it roots you and thats it. I understand where you're coming from, but honestly, galio's ulti is EXTREMELY powerful as long as you use it right, and even with out his ult he has decent ap ratios gets free ap just from countering his lane opponent and provides a lot of utility. I think he's just fine.

mambawarrior0

11-19-2012

Quote:
The tool tip only says it "immobilizes target." I'm pretty sure it works like a stun and not a root as I am positive it broke my ultimate numerous times last night.
No. It works exactly the same as any other root.

Quote:
I don't see how bulwarking might deceive the opponent into thinking I wasn't going to flash/ultimate, except perhaps that they may think it's stupid to do because bulwark would mitigate the damage received to Galio from AP sources and thus possibly make his ultimate output less damage. That's ok, I guess, since the damage is **** and not the primary reason for using his ult. Is that what you meant?
First, that isn't what he was saying at all. He was referring to the fairly recent change that allowed you to bulwark while in the middle of ulting without breaking the channel.
Secondly, bulwarking didn't make them think you wouldn't flash ult, it clues them in that you were about to.
Finally, I'm honestly starting to doubt you've ever even played Galio after reading this.
You should ALWAYS bulwark yourself for your ult, because
1. it heals you each time the bulwarked person is hit, and he will be hit a lot in his ult.
2. It grants extra defense to let you stand all those hits.
and 3. The extra MR is turned to extra AP due to your passive, making your ult do more damage (not really as important.)

Oh, and about this:
Quote:
bulwark would mitigate the damage received to Galio from AP sources and thus possibly make his ultimate output less damage.
Ummm, no. Galio's ult deals damage based on how many times he was hit. It doesn't matter at all how much damage he was hit for. And bulwark gives Armor too, not just magic resist.

P.S. If they are burning their flashes, that's still pretty good.