Poppy... she needs a little boost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinUseFly

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseek View Post
I recently played poppy again and she really is behind compared to many of the current champions. And honestly, I think 2 changes could make her a lot better.

1 - remove the damage cap on her Q. Jayce does 20% of a champions max health with his hammer E and has no damage cap AND it knocks back. Removing the damage cap would work wonders on her.

2 - Make her W give either magic resist or straight damage reduction. If it gave 5%/7.5%/10%/12.5%/15% damage reduction at max stats, she would be a little more beefy which she really needs.

This way, she could do damage and survive in team fights much better and trade hits a little better too.

Haven't played Poppy in ages,seen a few good games of her in SQ, but most people think that her late-game is so monstrous that she shouldn't get any real buffs; like your number 2 suggestion. She already has ways of avoiding damage and providing reduction.She might need a few QOL changes, such as mana and CD changes.

The thing about Poppy is that she has to roll a boulder up a steep hill for the start of the game but after she get past that peak she can use that rock to destroy the enemy team. Whether that makes her worth while or not I don't know.

Googolxx

11-19-2012

poppy q is on a 3 second cd, can your jayce dp that? :P

Zerglinator

11-19-2012

Not so much of a boost as a rebalancing. She has a very aged kit that gives her a stupid good lategame with some problems earlygame, especially in farming. Maybe the new items will help her.

KarlWayneJenkins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

She's fine. Only buff that would make sense is a slight mana cost reduction on her Q.