Riven Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone Leone

11-17-2012

So I decided to get riven I played her during her free weeks I got slightly better but I got killed twice the times as I killed anyone
So which masteries I will get(I am lvl 11)
And which Item builds should I get during start of game (early) Mid game and late game

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Boots + 3Pots
Mid game two Doran's Blades and Brutalizer, dominate your lane

Late game you're aiming for Bloodthirster coupled with high armor and magic resistance, and try to absorb as much damage as possible with your shield. You'll be deceptively tanky that way.

Masteries are up to you. You don't have a lot of points to use.

Lone Leone

11-17-2012

Kk thanks
But is Black cleaver a good build for her?

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Leone View Post
Kk thanks
But is Black cleaver a good build for her?
It's not great right now, but it'll probably be better when the huge shop change hits. Right now Black Cleaver offers little AD, attack speed is not great on Riven, and it only applies stacks with her autoattacks. After the items all change, Black Cleaver will be much better, procing on her abilities as well as her autoattacks.

Right now I recommend Bloodthirster simply because it has the highest possible (EDIT: Reliable, and agree with Magus) AD in the game plus life steal.

Magus Crow

11-18-2012

Unless I'm mistaken a full stacked Sword of the Occult is the most AD on any single item in the game but then Sword of the Occult is a pretty horrible buy unless you can snowball your lane AND not die.

Anyway... Riven scales off of AD for every single one of her skills as well as it bumping up her auto attacks. Once you get the hang of weaving in auto attacks with her skills for maximum damage output she gets pretty scary. If you are really rolling I mihgt suggest rushing the BT and skipping Doran's and Brutalizer. You'll miss the extra bit of HP but the extra sustain off of BT as well as the increased AD (which continues to increase with minion kills etc) makes up for the deficiency.

Aintnomark08

11-18-2012

Honestly the best advice, I can offer as a fellow Riven player is that you try to balance out your masteries in the attack and defense category until you get some more points.
That being said as for runes I like to focus AD in marks Def in Seals and Mag Res in Glyphs and AD Quints. Not sure if that helps but i wish ya the best of luck

alukardian

11-18-2012

Wriggles man......the wriggles.....
Seriously can't go wrong with ad/armor/life steal and a free Ward every 3 minutes.

If you are having problems staying alive I would put mastery points in the defence tree until you learn when you can or shouldn't go out for an attack.

With runes the classic ad marks, armour seals and magic resistance per level glyphs. Also since rivens abilities scale with ad it is generally a better choice to use ad marks instead of armour penetration ones.

Kaalika

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Masteries are up to you. You don't have a lot of points to use.
Riven scales hard off AD so get as much AD from masteries as you can afford wit your points. She does better with armor pen than with crit, so put any extra points that don't get you more ad or armor pen into the defensive tree for extra armor. Revisit the page every time you level to see if you can afford more ad yet.

Lone Leone

11-18-2012

Kk Thanks again but how about Last Whisper?

AcidKats

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Leone View Post
Kk Thanks again but how about Last Whisper?
Last Whisper is a good buy, I almost always got it when I played Riven. But like the others said, Bloodthirster (I buy 2) all the way. Also Guardian angel, and a few other items depending on how the other team works...if they have a lot of AD (attack damage) I pick up Randuins/ AP I pick up Aegis....Also might want to check out Maw of Mal. Pretty legit.