General observations by a Level 8

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Headmistress

11-17-2012

A little about me:
I am going to college to become a teacher, and figured this would be a good way to alleviate stress.
Since starting this game, I have noticed a couple things about this game.
1) I am usually the only one who purchases wards
2) Twisted Fate is ridiculously strong since teams are uncoordinated and push lanes in my experience
3)Its always someone else's fault that you were ganked
4)Auto-attacking minions is the way to go.
5)Turrets nerfed (or common sense of players needs buffed lol)<----Joke point
6)Nobody builds to beat the other team, just builds to do tons of damage
7)My favorite observation, when a genuine new player does bad he must be wiped from the face of this game because this game is clearly only for people who have played this game for a long time and make new accounts to make this point clear.
8)Tanks don't don't like to soak damage.

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Your insight is uncanny. You're either a smurf or a DotA/HoN/SMITE player.

phil002

11-17-2012

Wow spot on good sir

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil002 View Post
Wow spot on good sir
All except for the auto attacking every minion, I was hoping that was satire.

The Headmistress

11-18-2012

I am a Miss, and I watched some "pro streams" before I started playing to get an idea of what I should do since I didn't particularly learn a lot from the tutorial. & autoattacking is all I see when i'm in a lane with someone. I have found that I enjoy playing champions that work well middle since I don't have to worry about a teammate depriving me of fundings.

Ministry

11-18-2012

Too bad you're too late for the Fiora skin. *points to your name* :3

Regardless, welcome to League of Legends, I'm Ministry, one of the smaller names in the New Player community that runs a program that helps newer players. Feel free to contact me if you ever need any form of help.

Poats

11-18-2012

Wow, number 7 is spot on. I was a newer player (still am) and I was playing as Caitlyn for the first time. I didn't do so hot but I was trying my best. My whole team rages at me and they all reported me and got the other team to report me (for being bad I guess). I had 17 honor points that got taken away from me, not once have I asked for honor.

Kyrie Friegraf

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Headmistress View Post
I am a Miss, and I watched some "pro streams" before I started playing to get an idea of what I should do since I didn't particularly learn a lot from the tutorial. & autoattacking is all I see when i'm in a lane with someone. I have found that I enjoy playing champions that work well middle since I don't have to worry about a teammate depriving me of fundings.
When you become famous I will be able to say I posted in your first thread(s)

OriginalJack

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Your insight is uncanny. You're either a smurf or a DotA/HoN/SMITE player.
That was my first thought too.

TehomCD

11-19-2012

One thing that I should mention is that differences between low level and high level play can produce a number of bad habits that make perfect sense in low level games, but are suicidal as you get higher, and that can cause some confusion if you've mostly learned by watching high level streams.

For example, mindlessly pushing a lane is actually effective in low level games because most players are terrible at last hitting, so they won't be able to last hit under a turret, having more minions will usually cause you to win any trades where they aggro your creep line, and most importantly, lack of junglers will usually mean you won't be ganked no matter how incredibly easy it'd be to kill you. At high levels, that behavior is suicidal since you're begging to die and you're probably not going to even deprive them of any farm (higher level players know how to farm under a turret), but low level players won't be punished for it. Champions that are popular at low levels tend to be ones that are strong duelists and strong farmers, since they usually get fed/farmed by default, but these types of champions don't confer any innate advantage at higher levels where people can farm with any champion reasonably well, and aren't as easily baited into 1v1 duels they'd lose.