The new jungle gives less gold overall than the current one

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

11-19-2012

For the jungler.

Let me explain. The scaling per minute rewards on neutralize mobsters has increased by 50%, That's great, but the starting gold values have decreased to accommodate the new extra passive Gp10. By the tine the gold equals out, you're spending more time in teamfights, ganks, and objective control and it leads to little farm. Past that point, where jungle starts to be worth a lot, your carries and top start taking it. It's season 2 all over again

RIP Toyz

11-19-2012

slowpoke.jpg

ArbatrazSquizz

11-19-2012

This actually has been my experience as well. By the time the jungle actually becomes worth more, my lanes see it as "safe farm."

Really missing heart of gold not for the health, but simply because it was a gp5 I could do something with on most of my jungles. I don't have a gp5 I really like on most of the jungles I play now.

AlphariusRising

11-19-2012

They're also increasing ambient gold and they're increasing gold gains past 11 minutes.

Sagovirus

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
They're also increasing ambient gold and they're increasing gold gains past 11 minutes.
It's nice to prove in a sentence that :
- you didn't read op
- you don't understand what he wrote
- you don't understand how the jungle works

Actually, the "new" jungle that is supposedly making junglers "lose" something by sitting in lane instead of clearing jungle do the exact reverse :
- they get more passive gold (like everyone), meaning jungle, in comparison, is worth a LOT less, SPECIALLY before 15/20 mins, since right now it breaks "even" compared to the old jungle at 11 mins (which is plain stupid)
- they don't benefit from added gold on jungle after 11 mins because, said xp/gold is EVEN MORE concentrated on blue/red.... they don't get and won't get more, and their team will be the ones getting most of the time the wolves/wraiths/golems (even more if their team is losing and outer turrets are down)

In the end, junglers will end up with more gold overall due to the global passive gold buff, but even less gold than others than before because they won't get the benefit of added gold, others will.... unless for some reason the meta/gameplay change to :
junglers are left alone against each others, counterjungling each others, and suddenly everyone leave them farm blue/red, all camps instead of taking them.

I "wonder" why but i don't see that happen....

chaser676

11-19-2012

Bumo

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzek View Post
This actually has been my experience as well. By the time the jungle actually becomes worth more, my lanes see it as "safe farm."

Really missing heart of gold not for the health, but simply because it was a gp5 I could do something with on most of my jungles. I don't have a gp5 I really like on most of the jungles I play now.
If you were buying wards as the jungler before, as you should have been, you can simply get one of the ward stones in place of the heart of gold.

Arbaal

11-19-2012

No matter how I explain it ill just get downvoted because you cant understand nothing but numbers

supernothingg

11-19-2012

Where are you guys getting this information?

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I'd not been aware that more gold/xp was being put onto the buff monsters. I feel like that is a positive change to the jungle.