What's being done about Teemo and Darius?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrHaveANiceDay

11-20-2012

The issue with Darius is that he's the new Irelia, just without the innate sustain. There's no comfortable way to counter his damage. He doesn't have innate sustain, but he trades that for (in my opinion) unbeatable trading power. The issue is that right now it's TOO strong. He's release Renekton in top lane.

USAupinher

11-20-2012

How to defeat people in Twisted Tree Line? "Dr. Mundo goes where he please *slurp*

Prince Kassad

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I believe Teemo is getting some power changes that will address issues across all maps. I haven't heard anything about Darius.
Thank God since I HATE HIM

total deletion > full rework > some power changes

but at least something is being done

Clarste

11-20-2012

My problem with the mushrooms is that they do damage and slow. One or the other would be annoying enough on its own when there are so many of them, but both just makes him hateful. I feel like he should have to choose between good damage or good slow.

MrHaveANiceDay

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
My problem with the mushrooms is that they do damage and slow. One or the other would be annoying enough on its own when there are so many of them, but both just makes him hateful. I feel like he should have to choose between good damage or good slow.
I think it would be interesting to see the following rework of his ultimate:

-Teemo stocks up on mushrooms.

-He has two kinds of mushrooms. One looks like his standard shrooms, the others are spiky/thinner/visually distinct.

-He can store up to 2 spiky mushrooms, 3 regular mushrooms.

-He can place an infinite number of regular mushrooms (10 minute timer) and 3 spiky mushrooms (10 minute timer, placing a new one deletes the first one place (a la Cait traps).

-The regular mushrooms do good damage but nothing else. The spiky mushrooms do very little damage but have the slow component.

It adds a bit of strategic placement to where, how, and what kind of mushrooms to plant, instead of LOLOLOLOL SHROOM EVERYTHING WIN EVERYTHING POTATO

ArcticSirius

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaveANiceDay View Post
LOLOLOLOL SHROOM EVERYTHING WIN EVERYTHING POTATO
potato :x

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompedor View Post
For darius, just watch his build and counter build it and focus him first. Heal is fantastic and cleanse for his passive.
Except cleanse does nothing about his passive...

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
@ RiotNome or any other Rioter who can answer. What is being done about Teemo and Darius? Twice today i've versed teams with both of them and both times we were horribly defeated. Being defeated however wasn't the issue, it was the fact that we'd OUTPLAY them and get defeated. Before level 6 we would destroy them but as soon as they got their ulti's it was GG. Jungle was suddenly removed to us as a gameplay option as the sheer density of mushrooms (something that was balanced with a far larger map in mind) made avoiding them a literal impossibility. And Darius? Well he's just Darius, just a couple of hits and he 1K+ true damage you to death for easy triple kills. It's not fun and not fair.

Darius is suppose to be getting a remake that takes the power from his ult and gives it to the rest of the kit but when is this going to come out? Certainly not before the Season 3 items are done with as all resources have been out to that for now but hopefully something was already being done about him.

Teemo I honestly can't see how he can work in this map without either rebalancing that would affect SR or map specific rebalances. I just don't know how you could balance him on this map as while everyone loves to hate how annoying he is in SR he actually removes gameplay in TT and that's not fun.

Honestly this is downvote time (if not so already) but it is of my opinion that both Teemo and Darius need to be emergency disabled from Twisted Treeline until they can be looked at and rebalanced. And to some who may say this, yes there are a number of champions that are frustrating to verse but these are the only two champs where I felt disgusted at playing the game and where I honestly felt there was no possibility of winning. I don't make QQ threads because I got beat by character X (there'd be well over 800 threads if that were the case), I make threads when I am uncounterably destroyed in a match that has me questioning why I play this game and as such I want to bring this issue to light.

I dont play TT, but can't you just ban teemo or darius?

Jancarius

11-20-2012

Personally I feel Darius is fairly counterable (in 3s and even more so in 5s). In fact, I have a hella time taking down Katarina and Caitlyn, not to mention the fact that Jarvan is a brutal monster. Yes, chain Noxian Guilatine is pretty sweet. But I've seen it countered by high HP/sustain champs (Irelia, Mundo, etc).

FossaFerox

11-20-2012

Darius is OP, sure, but Teemo? Hilarious. There are three different items that reveal Teemo's shrooms, an amazing AP item, an AD jungler item, and a cheap consumable. Build them and he suddenly does nothing. Nid and Caitlyn traps are just as problematic. Fewer of them, sure, but they reveal the victim and can't be cleared.

Pro-tip: Teemo shrooms give gold when you clear them if you have an altar.

1234567 ... 10