Role Calling in Draft/Ranked: the do's and don'ts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockmanEXE

11-18-2012

Let me start this off with Pick Order > Call Order.

When you get into the champion selection screen, it is perfectly fine to ask for the desired position(s) you would like to play that game. In fact, I encourage you to do so whether those roles be what you're best at or just the ones you feel like playing.

However, if you call a role and somebody before you picks it... fill in for what your team needs instead of picking a champion suited for that role anyway.

"But I called it first! -sniffle sniffle-"
Sorry, but you don't always get what you want in life. It happens to me, it happens to everybody. Yes, it was distasteful of them to pick the role that you asked for without warning you... but the picking order gods favored them this match. Good luck next time!

"NO, I CALLED IT SO I'M GOING (enter desired role here) HE CAN SMD"
You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.

DarkChibiman

11-18-2012

It's might not even gimp your chances of playing the champion that you want - if you feel your team had enough support/tankiness from the jungler or other roles, go ahead and Fiddle/Lux/Syndra/Zyra/Bruiser support, or Ranged AD/AP Burst top or whatever; the meta doesn't matter as much as balancing the team comp in terms of damage type, damage absorption, and CC.

Quote:
You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.
Oh yeah? Well, good riddance, ya looney!

RockmanEXE

11-18-2012

Typed this while I was waiting for the que dodge penalty to end.
Our fourth pick asked for top, but our first pick had "CostaRicca" in his name. Promising, eh?
Summoner 1 picks LeBlanc and says "top" and Summoner 4 raged, picked Rumble and refused to support (the only remaining role). I dodged to spare myself the pain and bad mood of wasting 20 minutes of my life.

RockmanEXE

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
It's might not even gimp your chances of playing the champion that you want - if you feel your team had enough support/tankiness from the jungler or other roles, go ahead and Fiddle/Lux/Syndra/Zyra/Bruiser support, or Ranged AD/AP Burst top or whatever; the meta doesn't matter as much as balancing the team comp in terms of damage type, damage absorption, and CC.
But sir, that would require both thought process and logic that usually doesn't exist in the players that stoop to this level.
Well said.

Dealyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

They should really change the queue dodge for 5 minutes to **** like this..

if the word "Called" is found in the pre-game chat, you are ****ing waived.

best idea in the world.

RockmanEXE

11-18-2012

Bump because it just happened again.

Jaya Ballard

11-18-2012

This is why I don't play normal non-draft. It's no problem to me if the person takes a pick against the meta, but when someone locks in a mid and then another person locks in a mid and refuses to leave lane, that's where I draw the line. It's better in draft though, and normally people in draft seem to care more about actually winning the game haha.

RockmanEXE

11-19-2012

Bump because it just happened to me again. I'm sick of having to dodge to avoid a loss because the person who didn't get their way is determined to feed.