Why do teams that crush the other team say "well played"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brinzy

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragain View Post
get over it.
First time I've ever acknowledged this subject in my 29 years of living and I get a dozen people yelling at me to 'get over it' and 'stop crying.'

I wonder who is really hot and bothered here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brinzy

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonra View Post
The subject of the thread is -you- are bothered by something that isn't meant to insult anyone, but quite the opposite.

You can't seem to logically understand how someone isn't insulted by saying " well played " and I can't logically understand how you can be. the person saying it is trying to show respect. whether you personally like the statement doesn't change the person's intent.
For god's sake, you still think that just saying well played in an applicable situation is what's bothering me.

Intent is meaningless if it's not received. If you've ever been in a meaningful friendship or relationship, you should know what that means. Ok, the team that stomped us 30-3 has the intention of telling us we played well. Cool. How do you think the side of 3 will receive it? If they misunderstand your intention, you can shrug and move on about your business just fine, but don't act like there's something wrong with them for not getting your intention.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImNotSoGrump

Member

11-19-2012

i am 100% convinced people like OP are why innocent people get banned.. because they will report you for anything..

"YOU SAID WELL PLAYED WAHHHH NOW I REPORT YOU BECAUSE IM A WHINEY GIRL!! WWWAAAHHHH"

get over yourself.. go play something where you dont have to interact with other humans... because obviously you cannot.. you make me sick


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brinzy

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotSoGrump View Post
i am 100% convinced people like OP are why innocent people get banned.. because they will report you for anything..

"YOU SAID WELL PLAYED WAHHHH NOW I REPORT YOU BECAUSE IM A WHINEY GIRL!! WWWAAAHHHH"

get over yourself.. go play something where you dont have to interact with other humans... because obviously you cannot.. you make me sick
More psychological analyzing and assuming by GD.

1) I hardly ever report people, maybe once every 40 games.

2) I must have a point because you're personally torn about this way more than I am. I can't believe I make you sick for calling ggwp fake!

3) I'm probably the only person that has posted in this thread so far that's married with children in a career he loves with the best co-workers I've ever had. This doesn't mean I'm better than anyone else - it does make your accusation that I don't know how to interact with society hilarious. Do you talk to people like that outside the internet? I doubt it, Mr. Civilized.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xonra

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinzy View Post
For god's sake, you still think that just saying well played in an applicable situation is what's bothering me.

Intent is meaningless if it's not received. If you've ever been in a meaningful friendship or relationship, you should know what that means.
You are not even making sense now. No offense but..you can't try to compare saying well played to some person you will most likely not even play with ever again over the internet to a meaningful friendship. Now you are just stretching. And no, intent isn't meaningless if it isn't received, that just means you are choosing not to receive it, and therefore you are just being a sore loser if you get upset that someone says good game, well played.

You may not be meaning to, but just go back and read your responses and see how overly sensitive your responses seem to be. What you might mean is "I don't want someone pandering to me to make me feel better." What it reads like is "I don't care what you say, I lost and just shut up and let me lose in peace"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exile4eva

Senior Member

11-19-2012

It's gaming etiquette to say ggwp after a game. If you played badly and feel the 'wp' doesn't apply to you then disregard it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xonra

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotSoGrump View Post
i am 100% convinced people like OP are why innocent people get banned.. because they will report you for anything..

"YOU SAID WELL PLAYED WAHHHH NOW I REPORT YOU BECAUSE IM A WHINEY GIRL!! WWWAAAHHHH"

get over yourself.. go play something where you dont have to interact with other humans... because obviously you cannot.. you make me sick
I disagree with the OP, but I'm pretty sure it is people like you that are bothering the OP because you seem the type that will say "gg wp" while under your breath coughing "noob" as they walk off then ask for honor at the stats screen chat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImNotSoGrump

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonra View Post
You are not even making sense now. No offense but..you can't try to compare saying well played to some person you will most likely not even play with ever again over the internet to a meaningful friendship. Now you are just stretching. And no, intent isn't meaningless if it isn't received, that just means you are choosing not to receive it, and therefore you are just being a sore loser if you get upset that someone says good game, well played.

You may not be meaning to, but just go back and read your responses and see how overly sensitive your responses seem to be. What you might mean is "I don't want someone pandering to me to make me feel better." What it reads like is "I don't care what you say, I lost and just shut up and let me lose in peace"
you are dealing with a whiney child (on the inside i dont care what their age is) move along good sir.. and well played


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crymtastic

Member

11-19-2012

They say it because lying to the other team is considered sportsmanship, and telling them how they can do better is considered harassment and will get you banned by the tribunal.

Welcome to the league of legends.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImNotSoGrump

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonra View Post
I disagree with the OP, but I'm pretty sure it is people like you that are bothering the OP because you seem the type that will say "gg wp" while under your breath coughing "noob" as they walk off then ask for honor at the stats screen chat.

no im the type that will say 'you are a newb' if i think someone is a newb.. i say GG WP when the game was actually well played.. nice assumption.. but im outa here.. ive said all i need to say..