@RiotWookieCookiee #2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

11-26-2012

Re opening this thread.
Reference: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2840544

I don't have a problem with bans or anything in cases where someone is blatantly abusing people.

But your summoner's code is just stupid.

"Don't be a jerk" is entirely subjective, and DOES NOT constitute a rule.

What I consider being funny - something like another player spamming in-game taunts - someone else obviously finds annoying.

Personally, I find people who play Teemo annoying. Why isn't this a reportable offense? Can I report someone for 'spamming' Teemo every game?

No, I can't.
Because all your current discipline model consists of is mob rule.

And it's all well and good that Riot employees can look at the backlog of reports on these cases, and say this guy has a massive history of this or that.
But nobody else can see these logs, making them irrelevant in the eyes of justice.

So you show us 2-5 ish cases where the player might say one thing wrong throughout, and then the player gets punished.

So the player cries out and says, "Why was I banned?!"
And the Tribunal knob jockies go, "You have to have LOTS of previous reports to even get into the tribunal n00b".

And to that I say, "You sir, are an idiot. You never judge ANY case on what you THINK may have happened. You judge a case on THE EVIDENCE laid out before you".

I have never been banned.
But if I were to permanently lose my account with $400+ dollars spent on it. I'd be pissed.
Not because I thought I'd been treated unfairly, but because there are no real rules.

One last thing to add.
I work at a manufacturing plant in customer service.
Back 10 years ago, our product manuals used to state, "Use common sense and best practice while operating equipment".
Back 10 years ago.
Now they state, "Do not lift unit while operating. Do not leave outside whilst raining. Do not apply water in any way to machinery. Do not leave in direct sunlight. Etc".

Why did we change?
Because we didn't say these things, and we got sued because a man left his machine outside in the rain and cold for 11 months while it was still under warranty.

Get with the times, Riot, or eventually it's going to burn you.
You have really split the community on this issue.

Continue debate.

DrChubs

11-26-2012

You got your thread closed because no one agrees with you. So just stop.

Everfaust

11-26-2012

again?

dude, your thread got closed for a reason...
**pointless**

#don't be a jerk!

InertBlowfish

11-26-2012

If I gave up a point every time 10 people disagreed with me, I'd never be able to get a point across.
And people did agree with me, if you bothered to read the thread.

Drunk Sejuani

11-26-2012

Says "You have really split the community"

Gets downvoted and closed instantly

Damiya

Technical Analyst

11-26-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Don't reopen closed threads.