A possible alternative anti-arachnophobia-model-mode for Elise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Yeah, it is called Leaguecraft, custom skins.
^ didn't get the joke.

1st HanarSpectre

11-19-2012

You are the reason why we can't have nice things.
Anyway, on a side note, most people with phobias that I know, do not suffer from it inside video game. They won't care much for it, but they do not get any fear or anxiety.

Rockpops

11-19-2012

If i was heavily arachnophobic, I would just find a crappy custom skin to make Elise less spider-like.

littlee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

wow, so many immature replies on this thread...

Any way, arachnophobia is a big problem for some people and yes, some people have quit because of it.

"You are the reason why we can't have nice things."
I'm not saying we shouldn't' have spiders in game, all I'm saying is that maybe there should be an option to change the visuals on it, it wouldn't be a hard thing to do at all.

"Go to Leaguecraft and put in a custom skin"
I did not know about leaguecraft before, this is maybe the best solution, thanks.

"Shouldn't you want equal treatment for all people with all different kinds of phobias?"
Some phobias are more common than others, arachnophobia is particularly common.

Elder Chewbaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

so there are people afraid of pixels ?
awesome

Barioth

11-19-2012

this gotta be a troll post

littlee

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barioth View Post
this gotta be a troll post
google "arachnophobia elise" it's a real issue for some people. (not me, I just figured a solution would be simple.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slendybendy
Also you can't just replace her model with another champion considering her skeleton is different. What it will look like is a spider body covered with another champion's skin rolling around at you. MUCH MORE FRIGHTENING.
You're thinking of replacing the texture with another champ, but not the model.
You could replace the model with another champ with no problem, it just might look a little strange to see Alistair disappear into the sky and drop back down without the appropriate animations :P

TheDancingDead

11-19-2012

We should also have an option to remove knock-ups, as some folks are afraid of heights.

Really, it sucks if you suffer from these things, but most of us don't... and I think most of us would also agree doing something like the OP suggests would be a gross misuse of Riot resources.

yangyang

11-19-2012

wow rly?

riot alrdy made elise unplayably bad to fix this problem sheesh

LovelyHope

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlee View Post
It's my understanding that quite a lot of people suffer from arachnophobia and some are having to quit LoL because of Elise.

What I'm wondering is if Riot would possibly consider making an alternative model mode that arachnophobia could use, like an option in the menu that turns all Elise skins into a bunny rabbit with little bunny pets or something.
This seems pretty easy to do, even just a mode to replace her model with that of another champion or something like that would probably be an easy solution.

Has anyone considered this sort of possibility?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornithophobia

Anivia

Solution? Please. I don't think I can play the game anymore until Anivia is no longer a bird.