Stupid amount of crashes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chairs

11-23-2009

I've tried to join about 30 games now.

5/30 My own client crashed.
25/30 I guess some random player's client crashed.

I fail to understand how everyone's client crashes, yet no one is whining about it here.

I guess someone has to do it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2009

The reason nobody is whining over it is because rarely anyone still faces that amount of crashing anymore. (That'd be lying. I still see someone crashing out when going into champ select screen on newbie island about 20% of the time. But I suppose that's only because they haven't found out about the fix yet)

Can you elaborate on when it crashes, what you were doing before, and your computer (OS, hardware, and the dx log) ? That way we can help you fix what's going on.

Most common crash tends to be from firewall acting up. Turning that off fixes it for most people. Other fixes can be found on the sticky threads.

Post game chat crash had disappeared for me entirely after the last 2 patches as well.

Chairs

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
The reason nobody is whining over it is because rarely anyone still faces that amount of crashing anymore. (That'd be lying. I still see someone crashing out when going into champ select screen on newbie island about 20% of the time. But I suppose that's only because they haven't found out about the fix yet)

Can you elaborate on when it crashes, what you were doing before, and your computer (OS, hardware, and the dx log) ? That way we can help you fix what's going on.

Most common crash tends to be from firewall acting up. Turning that off fixes it for most people. Other fixes can be found on the sticky threads.

Post game chat crash had disappeared for me entirely after the last 2 patches as well.
You're missing the point, it's not my own computer failing me every now and then (I don't really care about it), it's other player's. Unless I just had leavers 25 times in a row, but that'd be pushing it.

My own crashing is probably because I'm using the standalone game client at the moment.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-23-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I would definitely imagine that the leavers are intentional and not crashing. This week with the champion selection being reduced seems to have heavily incentivized leaving at CSS. Riot is looking into fixing this (i.e. making it less palatable to leave during CSS).

Fujiwuji

11-24-2009

I'm also getting quite aggravated by the amount of crashes I get while attempting to join a game. Usually I'd simply have to restart my computer and the game will work. Today, that's not even working.
I know my computer doesn't even reach the minimum system requirements, but I'm certain that the problem has nothing to do with that for I've been able to play a number of games.
It happens a lot when it's my first game of the day. Even if i just turn my computer on and try to join a game, it will crash right away. So now, I can't even play the game anymore.
I've tried to search up on forums for possible solutions and still nothing works. Also, it only crashes when starting the game, after it enters there isn't a single problem.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-24-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Fuji, could I ask you to post your dxdiag?

Dxdiag info